Vermont Clay Guild
Functional and Sculptural Clay
Vermont Clay Guild was formed in 2015 to provide an opportunity for those who work in clay to share ideas and information in support of individual pursuits. We currently have 25 members and the work ranges in scope from functional to sculptural. Some have their own studios and others work in the Burlington City Arts studio. Four co-own a gas-fired raku kiln that is also used for sagger firing.
Our future goals include a shared studio space, gallery and gas fired kiln.
- Barbara Murphy - Handbuilt pot, 15 inches, saggar fired.
- Trice Stratmann - Thrown pot with handbuilt additions, 12 inches, fired to cone 6.
- Sarah Powell - Thrown and carved clay pot, 7 inches, fired to cone 6.
- Kileh Friedman - Raku fired pot, 10 inches.
- Susan Freeman - 4 inch clay dog fired to cone 6.