Windsor County Map and Guide
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
J. *Gallery at the VAULT . 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111.
K. Collective - The Art of Craft. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298.
- 121. *Gallery at the VAULT - Vermont State Craft Center. Local and regional fine arts, exceptional artisans. 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111. From I-91, take exit 7 and travel west 3.8 miles on Rte 11 into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your right, at #68 Main Street, next to "56 Main, The Restaurant". From Chester, take Rte 11 east into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your left.
- 122. S. B. MacDonald Custom Instruments - Scott B MacDonald. Custom designed guitars. 660 Mattson Rd, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-7397. Traveling north on I-91, take exit 6 and turn left onto Rte 103 (Rockingham Rd) and travel into Chester. Then bear right to stay on Rte 103 and go to Rte 10.Turn right on Rte 10 to head east to Mattson Rd, 1 mile on the right. Bear left at the fork to stay on Mattson. My driveway is 0.5 mile marked with wooden gates. Drive straight to the top to the red building, my studio. Traveling south on I-91, take exit 8 and head west on Rte 131. Travel to Rte 106 south. When Rte 106 intersects with Rte 10, turn right and head west. After 3 miles turn left onto Mattson, and bear left at the fork. The driveway is 0.5 mile on the right. Follow directions above.
- 123. *Rich DeTrano Woodturner - Rich DeTrano. Woodturnings, hollow vessels, demonstrations, tools. 488 Andover Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8894. Follow Rte 103 in Ludlow to Rte 100S for about 2 miles to a left fork at Andover Rd. Follow Andover Rd for about 1 mile to #488 on the right.
- 124. Form and Function Pottery - Jane Wojick. Functional and sculptural stoneware. 344 Brooks Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8609. Traveling north on Rte 100, turn left onto Brooks Rd, across from the Welcome to Ludlow sign. Follow Brooks Rd all the way to the end. From the center of Ludlow traveling south on Rte 100, go 1.7 miles and turn right onto Brooks Rd. Follow to the end. Find me in my home studio.
- 125. Fletcher Farm School for the Arts & Crafts - Society of Vermont Artists and Craftsmen, Inc. Vermont's oldest residential craft school hosts demonstrations. 611 Rte 103S, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8770. From Ludlow go south on Rte 103 for 2.5 miles. From I-91, take exit 8 and follow Rte 131 west to Rte 103N for 1 mile. At the end of Rte 131 take a right, go 14 miles and the school is on the right.
- 126. Robert O'Brien Watercolors - Robert O'Brien. Watercolor paintings and prints. 2811 Weathersfield Center Rd, Perkinsville VT 05151. (802) 263-9394. Take exit 8 on I-91 and turn west onto Rte 131 for about 2 miles. Turn left on Weathersfield Center Rd, and go up the hill for 2.5 miles to the studio that is on the left in a red house.
- 127. Angie Follensbee-Hall. Mixed media paintings, paper and fiber.1383 Rte 44, Brownsville VT 05037. (802) 952-1129. Located on Route 44 in Brownsville, VT. We are the large green house at the bridge, adjacent to the post office.
- 128. VanNatta Gallery - Lynn VanNatta. Expressive plein air oil paintings. 543 Shattuck Hill Rd, West Windsor VT. (802) 291-1394. From Woodstock, go south on Rte 106 and turn off at Rte 44. Pass the animal shelter and turn left onto Shattuck Hill.* On I-91 going south take exit 9 and go left off the ramp. Follow signs to Windsor. In Windsor center (at Cumberland Farms) go right onto Rte 44, and continue past Ascutney Mountain Resort, thru Brownsville. Shattuck Hill Road is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. *On I-91 going north, take exit 8 and go right off ramp. Take the first left onto Rte 5, then bear left on Rte 44A, then bear left on Rte 44. Go past Ascutney Mountain Resort, into Brownsville Village. Shattuck Hill Rd is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. *VanNatta Gallery is the left at the top of the hill.
- 129. Vermont Horse Country Store & Equine Gallery - Equine paintings, drawings, sculpture, landscapes. 5331 South Road, S Woodstock VT 05071. (802) 457-4677. Located 5.4 miles south of the Woodstock Green on Rte 106, next to the Green Mountain Horse Association.
- 130. *Collective - the Art of Craft. Metal, clay, fiber, wood, glass. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298. On I-89 take exit 1 and turn onto Rte 4. Head west toward Woodstock and go about 8 miles. Look for us on the left. We are on the street level in the Stone building across from the post office on the Kedron River.
- 131. ArtisTree Community Arts Center and Gallery. Painting and sculpture spanning many genres. 2095 Pomfret Rd, Pomfret VT 05067. (802) 457-3500. From Woodstock, go north on Rte 12. After passing Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park, the Mt. Tom Farmer's Market, and ArtisTree's former facility, you will arrive at a fork in the road. Turn right at the fork onto Pomfret Rd and travel for 2 miles. When the road splits again at Teago's General Store, take a right. Artistree Community Arts Center and Gallery will be immediately on the left, next to the Pomfret Town Library.
- 132. *Frog Song Designs - Andrea Trzaskos. Pottery, dinnerware, wall tiles, sculpture. 1887 River St, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 345-3099. From Bethel, follow Rte 107W/Rte 12S (traveling toward Killington). Studio is about 2 miles from downtown Bethel at the Locust Creek intersection. From Barnard, follow Rte 12N to the intersection of Rte 107 and find the studio about 6 miles from Silver Lake.
- 133. Naught Hill Pottery - Grace Pejouhy and Evan Williams. Functional wheel-thrown, hand decorated pottery. 388 Woodland Rd, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-5114. From the center of Bethel, head north on Rte 12. Proceed across the stone bridge past the churches on Pleasant St. Do not take the sharp right but instead continue straight onto Sand Hill Road. Continue past the town garage on the left. After the S-turn (go slowly) take a right onto Woodland Rd. Continue up Woodland Rd until you see our woodfired kiln.
- 134. Two Potters: Becca and Nathan Webb - Becca and Nathan Webb. Woodfired stoneware pottery, two chambered wood kiln. 123 Scammell Lane, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-1320. On I-89, take exit 3 for Bethel/Rte 107. Turn right onto 107 W, towards the town of Bethel. Just under 2 miles from the highway turn right onto Christian Hill Rd, just past Poulos Insurance. Drive for 0.5 mile, and turn right down Scammel Lane. Studio is at the end of the short lane, and large kiln shed beyond.