Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
The Windham Map and Guide PDF
Spring Open Studio Weekend May 25 & 26, 2019
Regional Information Centers
H. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
I. Flat Iron Exchange - 51 the Square, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 460-0357.
- 70. Mary Procter and Bill Matuszeski. Colorful landscape paintings of Vermont scenes. 488 Faulkner Rd, Whitingham VT 05361. (802) 368-7750. Travel south on Rte 100 from Wilmington, pass through Jacksonville, in 3 miles turn right onto Maple Dr before reaching Whitingham Village or travel north from Readsboro on Rte 100, pass through Whitingham Village and take the first left on Maple Dr. From Maple Dr, take the first right on Faulkner Rd and cross Lake Clara on the causeway. Number 488 is the first house on the right after the lake.
- 71. Kate Follett. Oils, watercolors, landscapes, distant locations. 3375 VT Rte 100. Jacksonville VT 05342. (802) 368-7670. I am on Rte 100 South in Jacksonville heading toward Whitingham/Readsboro. As you go up the hill out of the village, I am the second red house on the left. (The driveway appears before the house, so go slow). It is directly across from the Candlelight Bed and Breakfast.
- 72. *Jen Violette Designs - Jennifer Violette. Sculptural blown glass, Vermont landscape paintings. 12 New England Power Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5206. On I-91 take exit 2 and go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles to the center of Wilmington. Travel 2.8 miles beyond the traffic light in downtown Wilmington. Turn left at Woods Rd across the bridge to Medburyville and turn right onto New England Power Rd. Find my studio behind the first house on the left, in the restored barn.
- 73. *Applewood's Woodworking Studio and Gallery - David and Michelle Holzapfel. Live edge hardwood furniture, burl vessels. PO Box 66, 2802 Rte 9, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-2908. On I-91, take exit 2 and travel 8 miles west. We are right on Rte 9 at the turn off toward Marlboro College.
- 74. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 75. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 76. Greg Moschetti, Painter - Greg Moschetti. Tonalist landscapes of bucolic, Vermont settings. 623 Kelly Rd, Dummerston VT 05301. (802) 689-0676. From Brattleboro take Rte 9 west for 2.7 miles. Just past Chelsea Royal Diner turn right on Sunset Lake Rd. Go 2.7 miles to Kelly Rd on right. Go through a barnyard and up a hill for 1.3 miles to the studio (the road ends here). The studio is a small building on the right of the drive. Park in the parking area just past the house on the right.
- 77. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 78. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 79. Zak Grace Glass - Zachary Grace. Hand formed and blown glass ware and art. 446 Williams St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 251-0402. From I-91, take exit 2, turn right off the ramp and head west on Rte 9. Take left at Vermont Country Deli onto Williams Street and look for Zak Grace Glass sign on the right.
- 80. Jason E. Breen, Fine and Custom Woodwork - Jason Breen. Furniture, turnings, woodenware, accessories, cabinetry. 1197 Bonnyvale Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-9993. From Rte 9W, turn south onto Bonnyvale Rd. Go 2.3 miles up and over a very steep hill. Driveway is on the right, up hill. Shop is on the right at the top of the driveway.
- 81. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 82. *Colorquilts - L. Carlene Raper. Hand-dyed quilts, pillows, wooden puzzles. 62 Spruce ST, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 246-1313. Take exit 2 from I-91 and go east on Western Ave. Turn left onto Spruce Street; #62 is a purple house on the left.
- 83. R.U.S.T. - Darlene Eisenhuth. Smile inducing, repurposed assemblage from wood and metal. 911 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7141. From Rte 30 in Newfane, turn onto Grimes Hill Rd across from the Newbrook Elementary School. Grimes Hill Road becomes Dover Road in Williamsville. Follow through the Williamsville covered bridge and into South Newfane. Bear right at the stop sign, in front of the one room schoolhouse, staying on Dover Road. Studio is located in the barn of a red farmhouse, circa 1850, 2.25 miles on left, and about 5.5 miles from Rte 30.
- 84. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked Sullivan Ln PVT. Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 85. Robert Du Grenier Glass Art Gallery - Robert Du Grenier. Handblown glass, sculpture, drinkware, decor. 1096 Rte 30, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4400. On Rte 30 1.0 mile south of Townshend Village or 3.5 miles north of Newfane Village.
- 86. Kim Eng Yeo. Floral, still life and landscape watercolors. WITHDRAWN
- 87. McBride & Rosser Studio - Robert McBride and Phyllis Rosser. Dynamic abstract paintings and sculptures. 17 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-1992. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. 17 Rockingham Street is an old firehouse building, just off the square. The studio is located on the second floor.
- 88. RAMP. George Norris-Brown & Jeanne Cannon paintings. 9 Canal St., Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. Find the Exner Art Block off the downtown square on the way to the train station.
- 89. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto Rte 5 and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at the light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross the canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 90. Canal Street Art Gallery - Emmett Dunbar. New cooperative gallery showing local artwork. 23 Canal ST, Rockingham VT 05101. (802) 289-0104. Traveling north on I-91, take exit 5 and travel five minutes on Rte 5 to the village of Bellows Falls. Canal St is just below and north of the main square and the gallery is located in the Exner Block on the canal. Traveling south on I-91, take exit 6 and travel to the village of Bellows Falls. Follow directions above.
- 91. Dellamano Glassware - Cathy Tretler. Hand painted functional glassware. 7 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-3264. From I-91S take exit 6, or traveling north take exit 5, and follow signs into downtown Bellows Falls. My studio is located on the first floor of 17 Rockingham St near the downtown square.
- 92. Clare Sullivan Adams. Printmaking and fused glass. 664 Cambridgeport Rd, Grafton VT 05143. (802) 380-5089. Studio located in Cambridgeport/Grafton. Turn onto Cambridgeport Rd off of Rte 121, by the old mill ruin, in the village of Cambridgeport. Stay left onto the dirt road. Driveway is on the left after the brook.
- 93. Broomcorn Johnny's - Brian Newton. Handcrafted brooms and objets d'art. 5622 Windham Hill Rd, Windham VT 05359. (802) 874-4779. From Brattleboro take Rte 30 north to Windham Hill Rd on the right and travel for 5.6 miles. Find us on the right. From Londonderry take Rte 11 east to Rte 121 and turn right onto Windham Hill Rd and travel for 2.6 miles. Find us on the left. From Chester, take Rte 11 west to Rte 121 and turn left, then right onto Windham Hill Rd, and travel for 2.6 miles. Find us on the left.