Rutland County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
N. Chaffee Art Center - 16 South Main St., Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-0356.
- 134. *Bob Gasperetti, Furniture Makers - Bob Gasperetti. Handmade custom furniture, original and reproduction. 848 South End Rd, Mount Tabor VT 05253. (802) 293-5195. Traveling south on Rte 7, go 2.1 miles past the main intersection into Danby. Turn left onto South End Rd. Traveling north on Rte 7, go 2.3 miles past the entrance to Emerald Lake State Park and turn right onto South End Rd. On South End Rd we are 0.9 mile on the right.
- 135. The Pawlet Potter. Porcelain and white stoneware pottery. PO Box 155, 746 Lilly Hill Rd, Pawlet VT 05761. (802) 325-3238.Take Rte 133N out of Pawlet and continue straight past the turn off to Middletown Springs. After 4.5 miles, turn left onto Lilly Hill Rd, and bear left up the hill for 0.6 mile. Follow "studio" arrows. The studio is on the right.
- 136. Stephanie Stouffer Studio and Gallery - Stephanie Stouffer. Decorative prints, tapestries, rugs, cards. 250 Maple Hill Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2686. From Rutland going south on Rte 103 turn right at blinking light at Belmont Rd. Travel 2.5 miles to Belmont Store. Continue straight on Maple Hill Rd. Studio and Gallery are located in the 4th house on the right. Sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 137. Stone Creek Workshops - Kathy Stone. Sculptures, vases, functional, fern-pots, birdbaths. 196 Roger Hill Rd, Mount Holly VT 05758. (802) 249-7852. We are located just off Rte 103 about halfway between Ludlow and Rutland. Our dirt road, Roger Hill Rd, is opposite the junction of Rte 103 and Rte 140. Travel up Roger Hill Rd for 0.5 mile and find us on the left at the top of the hill.
- 138. The Potter Stone - David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Rte 103, Cuttingsville VT 05738. (802) 492-2301. From Rte 7 turn onto Rte 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof. We are directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Rte 103. When entering Mount Holly, look for the junction with Rte 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. The studio is grey with green trim.
- 139. *Stacy Harshman Art - Stacy Harshman. Paintings on glass with real flowers. 1509 Rte 7S, Wallingford VT 05773. (917) 687-1475. Traveling south on Rte 7, go through the small town of Wallingford and go about a mile. On the left is a long red/purple barn with a reddish horse-shoe shaped driveway - come on in!
- 140. Nature's Turn, LLC - Gerry Martin. Woodturned bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2244. From Rte 7, drive 3 miles south of Rutland to the junction with Rte 103. Turn on Rte 103 and travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 and 998 Lincoln Hill Rd. Shop is 0.25 mile straight ahead.
- 141. *Maya Zelkin Pottery - Maya Zelkin. Functional, woodfired, stoneware and porcelain pottery. 116 Coldham Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2045. From Rte 103 in Cuttingsville, turn onto Town Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to intersection with Lincoln Hill Rd and turn right. Go 3.9 miles to Cold River Road and turn left. Travel 0.2 mile to Upper Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel one mile to Coldham Rd, and turn right. The studio is at the second driveway on the right. From Rte 7 south of Rutland, turn onto North Shrewsbury Rd. Travel one mile to Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 7 miles to Upper Cold River Rd and turn left. Go one mile to Coldham Rd and turn right. Studio is at the second driveway on the right.
- 142. Peter Huntoon Vermont Artist. Vermont paintings and limited edition prints. 17 Studio Lane, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2328. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 6. Take a left past Price Chopper onto 133 south. Stay on Rte 133 for 9.7 miles to Haley Rd (gravel) on right. Go 50 yards up Haley Rd and turn right onto Studio Lane. House/studio is on the left, green with covered front porch. From Middletown Springs, head east on Rte 133/140 towards Rutland for 1 mile. Find Haley Rd on the left.
- 143. David Munyak, Furniture Maker - David and Jenny Munyak. Handmade bowls, woodturning, treenware. PO Box 1181, 99 East St., Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-1390. From the junction of Rte 133 and Rte 140, travel east on East St. for 0.5 miles. #99 will be on the left side of the road.
- 144. Sissy's Kitchen. Paintings, photography, pottery, furniture and jewelry. 10 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2000. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the 4 corners intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.1 mile to the second driveway on the right side of the road heading west.
- 145. *Rising Meadow Pottery - Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Utilitarian stoneware and porcelain pottery. 50 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-9429. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- 146. Stone Valley Arts at Fox Hill. Rutland County Audubon nature and wildlife art show. 145 East Main St, Poultney VT 05764. (802) 287-8197. stonevalleyarts.org. Located one eighth of a mile east from the intersection of Rte 30 and Main ST (Rte 140), directly across from the Poultney High School.
- 147. *Karen Deets Stained Glass - Karen Deets. Stained glass, painted, fused, panels. 728 Moscow Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 265-8668. From the Rutland area, take Rte 4W to exit 3 (Fair Haven). Turn right onto Scotch Hill Rd. Continue about 4.5 miles to Glen Lake and then make a left onto Moscow Rd. We are situated on the right 0.7 mile up the road.
- 148. Merwin Gallery - Tom Merwin. Oils on canvas, sumi ink drawings. 557 Main St, Castleton VT 05735. (802) 468-2592. Located on the south side of Rte 4A/Main St, in Castleton, next to the Blue Cat Bistro.
- 149. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center. Gallery exhibit of members' artwork. 636 Marble St, PO Box 495, West Rutland VT 05777. (802) 438-2097. From Rte 7 in Rutland, take Rte 4 west (West St) about 4 miles to West Rutland. Pass a shopping center with a grocery store on your left. At the blinking light turn right onto Marble St and travel about 0.6 mile. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center will be on the right.
- 150. Bill Ramage. Large drawing installations. 30 North St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. Showing at 51 & 59 Merchants Row, Rutland VT. Traveling south on Rte 7 in Rutland turn right (left if traveling north) onto West St. Travel on West St to a left turn onto Merchants Row.
- 151. The Castleton Downtown Gallery. Castleton University art galleries, changing exhibits. Center St Alley, Center St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 282-2396. From Rte 7 in the center of Rutland turn onto West St and follow to Wales St on the left. Turn onto Wales and follow to Center St on the left.
- 152. Ann McFarren. Original Vermont scenes, oil, watercolors. 56 Terrill St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-2197. In Rutland driving west on Rte 4, (Woodstock Ave) turn left onto Lafayette St by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left with gallery sign on the porch. From Rte 7, take a right onto Rte 4E and go to the next light. Turn right by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left.
- 153. Shattuck Studio and Gallery - Carolyn Shattuck. Book arts, printmaking and collage. 193 Patricia Ln, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 779-1974. Coming from west or south, take Rte 4 towards Rutland to Rte 7N. Turn right at Woodstock Ave/Rte 4. Travel 0.8 mile and turn left onto Hillside Ave, cross stop sign at North St Ext. and continue to the end. Jog right, then left and take a right onto Patricia Ln. #193 will be the last house on your left.
- 154. Sally Jenne Keefe. Original drawings, prints, cards. 52 Kingsley Ave, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-3042. In Rutland, at the junction of Rtes 4 and 7, travel to the third left, Roberts Ave and turn left. Turn right at next intersection (Roberts Ave. and Lincoln Ave).Turn left at the next street, Kingsley Ave. I am the next to last house on the left.
- 155. Kimble House, Inc - Warren Kimble. Contemporary American folk art, paintings and sculpture. 40 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4280. In the center of Brandon, around the corner from the Brandon Artist's Guild.
- 156. Patty Sgrecci - Mobiles and More - 156. Patty Sgrecci will be moving to the home/gallery of fiber artist Judith Reilly #159 on the map, 24 Conant Square (Rt 7). Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, the gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 157. Brandon Artists Guild. Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956. brandonartistsguild.org. Located in the center of Brandon.
- 158. Art on a Whim: Stained Glass Studio - Laura Rideout. Stained glass, original clouds, panels, suncatchers. 8 East Prospect St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 683-7844. On Rte 7 traveling north, turn right by the town offices onto W. Seminary St. Go one block and turn right onto River St. Go for just over one block and turn left onto East Prospect St. Find me in the first house on the left, yellow with white trim.
- 159. Judith Reilly Gallery- Judith Reilly. Original pieced fabric art, artist designed hooked rugs, prints. 24 Conant Square (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-8421. Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, my gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 160. Dancing Ear Design - Jill Listzwan. Unique, colorful, eclectic, fun, jewelry. 519 Lovers' Lane, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-6081. Lovers' Lane is about 1 mile north of Brandon. Traveling on Rte 7, after the Arnold District Rd on the left, Lovers' Lane is a few yards beyond on the right, opposite a large pond. Follow Lovers' Lane and find my house, the second on the right after leaving the woods. It is a ranch house with blue shutters.