Rutland County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend May 25 & 26, 2019
Regional Information Center
E. Brandon Artists Guild - 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956.
F. Chaffee Art Center - 16 South Main St., Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-0356.
- 41. Judith Reilly Gallery - Judith Reilly. Original pieced fabric art, artist designed hooked rugs, prints. 24 Conant Square (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-8421. Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, my gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 42. Brandon Artists Guild. Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956. Located in the center of Brandon.
- 43. Vermont Gallery of Folk Art - Warren Kimble, Robin Kent, Medana Gabbard. Contemporary American folk art, paintings and sculpture. 24 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4280. In the center of Brandon, near, and on the same side of the street, as the Brandon Inn.
- 44. Cooley Bridge Craftworks - Michael Daigle. Hand made furniture and gifts. 1321 Elm St. Florence, VT 05744. (802) 770-2814. From Rte. 7 in Pittsford take Elm St south. Kamuda's market is at the intersection of Rte 7 and Elm St. After crossing Cooley covered bridge, Cooley Bridge Craftworks is the second driveway on the left, 1.3 miles from Rte 7.
- 45. *Carrie Pill. Colorful, Vermont life oil paintings. Also Wander On Words and Basin Reclaimed. 20 Birchwood Ave, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 291-4259. From Woodstock Ave/Rte 4 East in Rutland turn onto Lafayette St, then turn left onto Birchwood Ave. Twenty Birchwood is the gray house on the right at the end of the street.
- 46. Basin Reclaimed - Unique, dimensional and vibrant artwork handcrafted from recycled materials. (802) 989-3178. Basin Reclaimed will be showing at Carrie Pill's studio at 20 Birchwood Ave, Rutland VT 05701. Follow directions in that listing.
- 47. Ann McFarren. Original Vermont scenes, oil, watercolors. 56 Terrill St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-2197. In Rutland driving west on Rte 4, (Woodstock Ave) turn left onto Lafayette St by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left with gallery sign on the porch. From Rte 7, take a right onto Rte 4E and go to the next light. Turn right by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left.
- 48. 77ART. Fifteen artist studios. 77 Grove St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto West St. At the second traffic light turn right onto Grove St. Travel two blocks and 77 Grove (a large 1950ish building) will be on your left. Enter 77ART from the south side.
- 49. The Opera House Gallery. Fran Bull's Sculptures and Bill Ramage's Centripetal Installations. 59 Merchants Row, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto West St. After two traffic lights, turn left onto Merchants Row. Travel one half a block and the gallery will be on your right. There will be a sandwich board sign at the entrance to the Opera House and the gallery is just down a short hallway.
- 50. B & G Gallery. Blue Swan: Klara Calitri, Mary Swanson, Molly Hawley, Phoebe Stone, Patty Herb, Sarah Wesson, Linda Hampton-Smith, Yinglei Zhang. 73 Merchants Row, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto West St. After two traffic lights, turn left onto Merchants Row. Travel one half a block and the B & G will be on your right. There will be a sandwich board sign at the entrance but no number on the door.
- 51. *Twin Elms Studio - Hallie Monroe. Vitreous painted stained glass. 149 Middle Road, North Chittenden VT 05763. (631) 283-5649. Hallie will have her studio at Castleton Bank Gallery, 104 Merchants Row in Rutland VT 05701. Castleton Bank Gallery, is right in the middle of downtown Rutland, on the corner of Merchants Row and Center Street, across from the Rutland Shopping Plaza.
- 52. The Alley Gallery. Six traditional painters. Center Street Alley, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto Center Street. Travel 2 and 1/2 blocks and the Center Street Alley will be on your left, just a few doors beyond the Paramount Theater. There will be a sandwich board sign for the gallery on Center St.
- 53. *Karen Deets Stained Glass - Karen Deets. Stained glass, painted, fused, panels. 728 Moscow Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 265-8668. From the Rutland area, take Rte 4W to exit 3 (Fair Haven). Turn right onto Scotch Hill Rd. Continue about 4.5 miles to Glen Lake and then make a left onto Moscow Rd. We are situated on the right 0.7 mile up the road.
- 54. Stragnell Art - R Sanford Stragnell. Unique sculptures inspired by nature. 97 South St, Castleton VT 05734. (802) 468-2327. From Main St (Rte 4A) in Castleton, turn onto South St. Our studio is located 5 houses up from the corner, on the east side, in the red door barn behind the house.
- 55. Stone Valley Arts at Fox Hill - "Near to Here" photography by Chuck Helfer and Denise LeTendre. 145 East Main St, Poultney VT 05764. (802) 325 2603. Located one eighth of a mile east from the intersection of Rte 30 and Main ST (Rte 140), directly across from the Poultney High School.
- 56. *Rising Meadow Pottery - Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Gallery, kilns, studio, seconds, pizza! 50 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-9429. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- 57. Sissy's Kitchen - Paintings, photography, pottery, furniture and jewelry. 10 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2000. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the 4 corners intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.1 mile to the second driveway on the right side of the road heading west.
- 58. David Munyak, Wood Turner - David Munyak. Handmade bowls, woodturning, treenware. PO Box 1181, 99 East St., Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-1390. From the junction of Rte 133 and Rte 140, travel east on East St. for 0.3 miles. #99 will be on the left side of the road.
- 59. Peter Huntoon Vermont Artist. Vermont paintings and limited edition prints. 17 Studio Lane, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2328. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 6. Take a left past Price Chopper onto 133 south. Stay on Rte 133 for 9.7 miles to Haley Rd (gravel) on right. Go 50 yards up Haley Rd and turn right onto Studio Lane. House/studio is on the left, green with covered front porch. From Middletown Springs, head east on Rte 133/140 towards Rutland for 1 mile. Find Haley Rd on the left.
- 60. *Maya Zelkin Pottery - Maya Zelkin. Functional, woodfired, stoneware and porcelain pottery. 116 Coldham Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2045. From Rte 103 in Cuttingsville, turn onto Town Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to intersection with Lincoln Hill Rd and turn right. Go 3.9 miles to Cold River Road and turn left. Travel 0.2 mile to Upper Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 1 mile to Coldham Rd, and turn right. The studio is at the second driveway on the right. From Rte 7 south of Rutland, turn onto North Shrewsbury Rd. Travel one mile to Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 7 miles to Upper Cold River Rd and turn left. Go 1 mile to Coldham Rd and turn right. Studio is at the second driveway on the right.
- 61. *G Felder... Hand Carved Bowls... Hand Carved Bowls - Gene Felder. Traditionally made handcarved bowls. 149 Adams Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 558-9068. In Shrewsbury, from Rte 103, turn onto Lincoln Hill Rd. Adams Rd is the first left. Bear left at the fork and we are the 2nd drive on left.
- 62. Nature's Turn, LLC - Gerry Martin. Woodturned bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2244. From Rte 7, drive 3 miles south of Rutland to the junction with Rte 103. Turn on Rte 103 and travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 and 998 Lincoln Hill Rd. Shop is 0.25 mile straight ahead.
- 63. The Potter Stone - David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Rte 103, Cuttingsville VT 05738. (802) 492-2301. From Rte 7 turn onto Rte 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof. We are directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Rte 103. When entering Mount Holly, look for the junction with Rte 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. The studio is grey with green trim.
- 64. *Bob Gasperetti, Furniture Makers, Furniture Makers - Bob Gasperetti. Handmade custom furniture, original and reproduction. 848 South End Rd, Mount Tabor VT 05253. (802) 293-5195. Traveling south on Rte 7, go 2.1 miles past the main intersection into Danby. Turn left onto South End Rd. Traveling north on Rte 7, go 2.3 miles past the entrance to Emerald Lake State Park and turn right onto South End Rd. On South End Rd we are 0.9 mile on the right.