Rutland County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2016 May 28 & 29
Regional Information Centers
P. Chaffee Art Center - 16 South Main St., Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-0356.
Q. Brandon Artists Guild. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956.
- 154. *Bob Gasperetti, Furniture Makers - Bob Gasperetti. Handmade custom furniture, original and reproduction. 848 South End Rd, Mount Tabor VT 05253. (802) 293-5195. Traveling south on Rte 7, go 2.1 miles past the main intersection into Danby. Turn left onto South End Rd. Traveling north on Rte 7, go 2.3 miles past the entrance to Emerald Lake State Park and turn right onto South End Rd. On South End Rd we are 0.9 mile on the right.
- 155. Stephanie Stouffer Studio and Gallery - Stephanie Stouffer. Decorative prints, tapestries, rugs, cards. 250 Maple Hill Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2686. From Rutland going south on Rte 103 turn right at blinking light at Belmont Rd. Travel 2.5 miles to Belmont Store. Continue straight on Maple Hill Rd. Studio and Gallery are located in the 4th house on the right. Sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 156. MF Paintings - Madeleine Fay. Paintings, oil, watercolors, pastels, landscapes. PO Box 82, 153 Dodge Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2654. From the center of Belmont, at the general store and post office turn onto Healdville Rd and travel exactly 0.25 mile until Dodge Rd. Turn right onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house. From Rte 103 (exactly 5 miles north of the traffic light in Ludlow), turn left onto Healdville Rd and travel 3.6 miles. Turn left onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house.
- 157. Stone Creek Workshops - Kathy Stone. Sculptures, vases, functional, fern-pots, birdbaths. 196 Roger Hill Rd, Mount Holly VT 05758. (802) 249-7852. We are located just off Rte 103 about halfway between Ludlow and Rutland. Our dirt road, Roger Hill Rd, is opposite the junction of Rte 103 and Rte 140. Travel up Roger Hill Rd for 0.1 mile and find us on the right.
- 158. The Potter Stone - David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Rte 103, Cuttingsville VT 05738. (802) 492-2301. From Rte 7 turn onto Rte 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof. We are directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Rte 103. When entering Mount Holly, look for the junction with Rte 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. The studio is grey with green trim.
- 159. Nature's Turn, LLC - Gerry Martin. Woodturned bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2244. From Rte 7, drive 3 miles south of Rutland to the junction with Rte 103. Turn on Rte 103 and travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 and 998 Lincoln Hill Rd. Shop is 0.25 mile straight ahead.
- 160. *Maya Zelkin Pottery - Maya Zelkin. Functional, woodfired, stoneware and porcelain pottery. 116 Coldham Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2045. From Rte 103 in Cuttingsville, turn onto Town Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to intersection with Lincoln Hill Rd and turn right. Go 3.9 miles to Cold River Road and turn left. Travel 0.2 mile to Upper Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel one mile to Coldham Rd, and turn right. The studio is at the second driveway on the right. From Rte 7 south of Rutland, turn onto North Shrewsbury Rd. Travel one mile to Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 7 miles to Upper Cold River Rd and turn left. Go one mile to Coldham Rd and turn right. Studio is at the second driveway on the right.
- 161. *Rising Meadow Pottery - Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Utilitarian stoneware and porcelain pottery. 50 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-9429. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- 162. Brookside Woodworking - Walter and Michele Stanley. Fine custom furniture, woodworking, cabinetry. 797 Swamp Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 236-7633. From Rte 4, take exit one for the welcome center. The next right after the welcome center is Swamp Road. Go 0.75 mile to #787. The studio is the red building on the left.
- 163. *Karen Deets Stained Glass - Karen Deets. Stained glass, painted, fused, panels. 728 Moscow Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 265-8668. From the Rutland area, take Rte 4W to exit 3 (Fair Haven). Turn right onto Scotch Hill Rd. Continue about 4.5 miles to Glen Lake and then make a left onto Moscow Rd. We are situated on the right 0.7 mile up the road.
- 164. *The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center - Gallery exhibit of members' artwork. 636 Marble St, PO Box 495, West Rutland VT 05777. (802) 438-2097. From Rte 7 in Rutland, take Rte 4 west (West St) about 4 miles to West Rutland. Pass a shopping center with a grocery store on your left. At the blinking light turn right onto Marble St and travel about 0.6 mile. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center will be on the right.
- 165. The Castleton Downtown Gallery - Castleton University art galleries, changing exhibits. Center St Alley, Center St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 282-2396. From Rte 7 in the center of Rutland turn onto West St and follow to Wales St on the left. Turn onto Wales and follow to Center St on the left.
- 166. Shattuck Studio and Gallery - Carolyn Shattuck. Book arts, printmaking and collage. 193 Patricia Ln, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-6661. Coming from west or south, take Rte 4 towards Rutland to Rte 7N. Turn right at Woodstock Ave/Rte 4. Travel 0.8 mile and turn left onto Hillside Ave, cross stop sign at North St Ext. and continue to the end. Jog right, then left and take a right onto Patricia Ln. #193 will be the last house on your left.
- 167. Ann McFarren - Original Vermont scenes, oil, watercolors. 56 Terrill St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-2197. In Rutland driving west on Rte 4, (Woodstock Ave) turn left onto Lafayette St by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left with gallery sign on the porch. From Rte 7, take a right onto Rte 4E and go to the next light. Turn right by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left.
- 168. Kimble House, Inc - Warren Kimble. Contemporary American folk art, paintings and sculpture. 40 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4280. In the center of Brandon, around the corner from the Brandon Artist's Guild.
- 169. Robin Kent - Folk and fine paintings and sculpture. Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-6637. firstname.lastname@example.org. Robin will be showing at Warren Kimble's studio at 40 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. Follow directions in the listing in #168.
- 170. *Joan Curtis - Mixed-media artwork. 10 Union St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4337. Travel on Rte 7 to Brandon. Find me in the center, just south of the town green, toward the southwest in the second house on the left, on Union St, opposite the Hannaford parking lot.
- 171. Mary Fran Lloyd Art - Mary Fran Lloyd. Original 2D paintings. (802) 345-0310. Mary Fran is showing at Joan Curtis' place. Follow directions in #170.
- 172. Joan Drew - Original watercolor paintings. PO Box 167, Forest Dale VT 05745. (802) 236-8470. Joan will be at 10 Union St, Brandon VT for Open Studio Weekend. Follow directions in #170.
- 173. Patty Sgrecci - Mobiles and More - Mobiles and More - Patty Sgrecci. Kinetic sculpture, mobiles. 29 Union St, Brandon VT 05733. (360) 461-5612. Patty's studio is in the Granary. From Rte 7 traveling north, turn left onto Union St and travel to the building just over the railroad tracks on the right about 2 blocks.
- 174. Gabrielle McDermit - Oil paintings of landscape, still life, animals. Showing at The Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 345-3924. Follow directions in #173.
- 175. Canpaint Studio - Jean Cannon. Trees and birds in exquisite color. 79 Linden Terrace, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 399-4001. Jean will be in The Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733 for Open Studio Weekend. Follow directions in #173.
- 176. Brandon Artists Guild - Members of the Brandon Artists Guild will exhibit at the Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733 (802) 247-4956. Follow directions in #173.
- 177. Brandon Artists Guild - Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956. Located in the center of Brandon.
- 178. Steven Zorn Fused Glass - Steven Zorn. Fused glass dishes, sculpture, giftware. 4 Conant Square, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4702. Located on Rte 7 in the center of Brandon, just north of the waterfall and across from the town offices and Mobil gas station. Studio is on the lower level of the Found Objects shop. Heading north, I am on the left-hand side of Rte 7.
- 179. Art on a Whim: Stained Glass Studio - Laura Rideout. Stained glass, original clouds, panels, suncatchers. 8 East Prospect St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 683-7844. On Rte 7 traveling north, turn right by the town offices onto W. Seminary St. Go one block and turn right onto River St. Go for just over one block and turn left onto East Prospect St. Find me in the first house on the left, yellow with white trim.
- 180. Judith Reilly Gallery - Judith Reilly. Original pieced fabric art, artist designed hooked rugs, prints. 24 Conant Square (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-8421. Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, my gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 181. Caleb Kenna Photography - Caleb Kenna. Vermont photography, images, prints, notecards. 40 Old Farm Road, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 770-8700. From Rte 7 in Brandon, turn onto Prospect St, and take the second right onto Old Farm Rd. Follow signs.
- 182. Compass Music and Arts Center - Working artists studios, art gallery. 333 Jones Drive, Park Village, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4295. From Rte 7, 1.5 miles north of downtown Brandon, turn onto Arnold District Road. Take the first left onto Mulcahy Drive (entering into Park Village) and continue straight for 0.5 mile. Turn right onto Jones Drive PVT. Continue down the hill. The road goes into our parking lot.
- 183. Fran Bull Studio - Fran Bull. Painting, printmaking, sculpture, books, works in progress. 685 Arnold District Rd, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 558-8609. My studio is located just off Rte 7 on Arnold District Road, north of the center of Brandon. Coming north, turn left, coming south, turn right, go about 0.5 mile, and there is a sign for Gallery-in-the-Field on the right. This is it. Proceed down the road until you come to the building.
- 184. Dancing Ear Design - Jill Listzwan. Unique, colorful, eclectic, fun, jewelry. 519 Lovers' Lane, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-6081. Lovers' Lane is about 1 mile north of Brandon. Traveling on Rte 7, after the Arnold District Rd on the left, Lovers' Lane is a few yards beyond on the right, opposite a large pond. Follow Lovers' Lane and find my house, the second on the right after leaving the woods. It is a ranch house with blue shutters.