Rutland County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
E. Brandon Artists Guild - 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956.
N. Chaffee Art Center - 16 South Main St., Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-0356.
- 57. Caleb Kenna Photography - Caleb Kenna. Vermont photography, images, prints, notecards. 40 Old Farm Road, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 770-8700. From Rte 7 in Brandon, turn onto Prospect St, and take the second right onto Old Farm Rd. Follow signs.
- 58. Judith Reilly Gallery - Judith Reilly. Original pieced fabric art, artist designed hooked rugs, prints. 24 Conant Square (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-8421. Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, my gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 59. *Brandon Artists Guild. Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956. Located in the center of Brandon.
- 60. Jeannie Podolak - Jeannie Podolak. Bold, abstract, large, original, monotypes. 24 Lazy Acres Rd, N Chittenden VT 05763. (802) 483-6061. From Rte 7 in Pittsford Center, turn onto Furnace Rd and travel for exactly 4 miles to Lazy Acres Rd. Find me at #24.
- 61. Sally Jenne Keefe - Original drawings, prints, cards. 52 Kingsley Ave, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-3042. In Rutland, at the junction of Rtes 4 and 7, travel to the third left, Roberts Ave and turn left. Turn right at next intersection (Roberts Ave. and Lincoln Ave).Turn left at the next street, Kingsley Ave. I am the next to last house on the left.
- 62. The Opera House Gallery. Rutland, The Ideal City. A large, 10 X 43 (life size) drawing installation. 59 Merchants Row, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto West St. After two traffic lights, turn left onto Merchants Row. Travel one half a block and the Opera House will be on your right. There will be a sandwich board sign at the entrance to the Opera House and the gallery is just down a short hallway.
- 63. 77 Gallery. Mass/Matter, Six contemporary artists. 77 Grove St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511.From Rte 7 turn west onto West St. At the second traffic light turn right onto Grove St. Travel two blocks and 77 Grove (a large 1950ish building) will be on your left. Enter 77 Gallery from the south side.
- 64. The Alley Gallery. Six traditional painters. Center Street Alley, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 299-7511. From Rte 7 turn west onto Center Street. Travel 2 and 1/2 blocks and the Center Street Alley will be on your left, just a few doors beyond the Paramount Theater. There will be a sandwich board sign for the gallery on Center St.
- 65. Ann McFarren. Original Vermont scenes, oil, watercolors. 56 Terrill St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-2197. In Rutland driving west on Rte 4, (Woodstock Ave) turn left onto Lafayette St by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left with gallery sign on the porch. From Rte 7, take a right onto Rte 4E and go to the next light. Turn right by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left.
- 66. Shattuck Studio and Gallery - Carolyn Shattuck. Book arts, printmaking and collage. 193 Patricia Ln, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 779-1974. Coming from west or south, take Rte 4 towards Rutland to Rte 7N. Turn right at Woodstock Ave/Rte 4. Travel 0.8 mile and turn left onto Hillside Ave, cross stop sign at North St Ext. and continue to the end. Jog right, then left and take a right onto Patricia Ln. #193 will be the last house on your left.
- 67. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center. Gallery exhibit of members' artwork. 636 Marble St, PO Box 495, West Rutland VT 05777. (802) 438-2097. From Rte 7 in Rutland, take Rte 4 west (West St) about 4 miles to West Rutland. Pass a shopping center with a grocery store on your left. At the blinking light turn right onto Marble St and travel about 0.6 mile. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center will be on the right.
- 68. Merwin Gallery - Tom Merwin. Oils on canvas, sumi ink drawings. 557 Main St, Castleton VT 05735. (802) 468-2592. Located on the south side of Rte 4A/Main St, in Castleton, next to the Blue Cat Bistro.
- 69. FFreedom Forge - Jon Pintello. Forged metal, birdhouses, garden sculpture, lamps, tables. 926 Blissville Road, Castleton VT 05735. (802) 236-2983. Travel on Rte 4W toward Castleton and take the exit for Castleton 4 Corners & Poultney, NOT the Castleton University exit. Take a left onto Rte 30 at the stoplight (about 0.5 mile). Go right and travel 1.5 miles. Turn left onto Blissville Rd and travel for 1 mile to our house on the right. It is white with blue shutters, a front porch and a large red barn.
- 70. *Karen Deets Stained Glass - Karen Deets. Stained glass, painted, fused, panels. 728 Moscow Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 265-8668. From the Rutland area, take Rte 4W to exit 3 (Fair Haven). Turn right onto Scotch Hill Rd. Continue about 4.5 miles to Glen Lake and then make a left onto Moscow Rd. We are situated on the right 0.7 mile up the road.
- 71. Otherweis Limited - Dick and Nancy Weis. Encaustics, painting, collage, drawing. 188 Main St, Poultney VT 05764. (802) 342-8308. Coming from Castleton, head west on Main St/Rte 4A. Turn left at Rte 30S and travel for 6.5 miles. Turn right onto Main St and travel 0.2 mile to #188 in Poultney, located on the right. Otherweis Limited is on the top floor of the Journal Press Building.
- 72. Stone Valley Arts at Fox Hill - Poultney High School student art show. 145 East Main St, Poultney VT 05764. (802) 884-8052. Located one eighth of a mile east from the intersection of Rte 30 and Main ST (Rte 140), directly across from the Poultney High School.
- 73. *Rising Meadow Pottery - Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Utilitarian stoneware and porcelain pottery. 50 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-9429. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- 74. Sissy's Kitchen - Paintings, photography, pottery, furniture and jewelry. 10 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2000. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the 4 corners intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.1 mile to the second driveway on the right side of the road heading west.
- 75. David Munyak, Furniture Maker - David and Jenny Munyak. Handmade bowls, woodturning, treenware. PO Box 1181, 99 East St., Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-1390. From the junction of Rte 133 and Rte 140, travel east on East St. for 0.5 miles. #99 will be on the left side of the road.
- 76. Peter Huntoon Vermont Artist. Vermont paintings and limited edition prints. 17 Studio Lane, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-2328. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 6. Take a left past Price Chopper onto 133 south. Stay on Rte 133 for 9.7 miles to Haley Rd (gravel) on right. Go 50 yards up Haley Rd and turn right onto Studio Lane. House/studio is on the left, green with covered front porch. From Middletown Springs, head east on Rte 133/140 towards Rutland for 1 mile. Find Haley Rd on the left.
- 77. *Maya Zelkin Pottery - Maya Zelkin. Functional, woodfired, stoneware and porcelain pottery. 116 Coldham Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2045. From Rte 103 in Cuttingsville, turn onto Town Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to intersection with Lincoln Hill Rd and turn right. Go 3.9 miles to Cold River Road and turn left. Travel 0.2 mile to Upper Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel one mile to Coldham Rd, and turn right. The studio is at the second driveway on the right. From Rte 7 south of Rutland, turn onto North Shrewsbury Rd. Travel one mile to Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 7 miles to Upper Cold River Rd and turn left. Go one mile to Coldham Rd and turn right. Studio is at the second driveway on the right.
- 78. Nature's Turn, LLC - Gerry Martin. Woodturned bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2244. From Rte 7, drive 3 miles south of Rutland to the junction with Rte 103. Turn on Rte 103 and travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 and 998 Lincoln Hill Rd. Shop is 0.25 mile straight ahead.
- 79. The Potter Stone - David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Rte 103, Cuttingsville VT 05738. (802) 492-2301. From Rte 7 turn onto Rte 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof. We are directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Rte 103. When entering Mount Holly, look for the junction with Rte 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. The studio is grey with green trim.
- 80. MF Paintings - Madeleine Fay. Paintings, oil, watercolors, pastels, landscapes. PO Box 82, 153 Dodge Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2654. From the center of Belmont, at the general store and post office turn onto Healdville Rd and travel exactly 0.25 mile until Dodge Rd. Turn right onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house. From Rte 103 (exactly 5 miles north of the traffic light in Ludlow), turn left onto Healdville Rd and travel 3.6 miles. Turn left onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house.
- 81. Stephanie Stouffer Studio and Gallery - Stephanie Stouffer. Decorative prints, tapestries, rugs, cards. 250 Maple Hill Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2686. From Rutland going south on Rte 103 turn right at blinking light at Belmont Rd. Travel 2.5 miles to Belmont Store. Continue straight on Maple Hill Rd. Studio and gallery are located in the 4th house on the right. Sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 82. *Bob Gasperetti, Furniture Makers - Bob Gasperetti. Handmade custom furniture, original and reproduction. 848 South End Rd, Mount Tabor VT 05253. (802) 293-5195. Traveling south on Rte 7, go 2.1 miles past the main intersection into Danby. Turn left onto South End Rd. Traveling north on Rte 7, go 2.3 miles past the entrance to Emerald Lake State Park and turn right onto South End Rd. On South End Rd we are 0.9 mile on the right.