Orange and Washington County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend May 25 & 26, 2019
Orange and Washington County Regional Information Center
L. White River Craft Center. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912.
M. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
N. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
- 107. White River Craft Center - Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912. Take I-89 exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Rte 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. After Cumberland Farms, bear left onto Rte 12, and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant's Row, go through the stop sign and straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead.
- 108. Jeffrey Gale Basketmaker - Jeffrey Gale. Traditional white ash baskets, made by hand. 72 Old City Falls Rd Strafford VT 05072. (802) 765-4230. In Strafford, from Justin Smith Morrill highway, turn right onto Old City Falls Branch. Travel for about 0.7 mile to the studio on the right.
- 109. Romulus Craft - Ikuzi Teraki and Jeanne Bisson. Handbuilt, handcrafted sculptural forms, bowls, vases, cups. 8495 VT Rte 110, Washington VT 05675. (802) 685-3869. From Barre, head east on Rte 302. At the roundabout in East Barre, turn right and then take the next left onto Rte 110 and continue south to Washington Village, about 5 miles. Go through the village of Washington, continuing south on Rte 110 towards Chelsea for about 4.5 miles. We are located on the left hand side in a long wooden building.
- 110. *Dove In The Window - Alexis Kyriak. Female nude paintings and drawings, acrylic and graphite. WITHDRAWN
- 111. *Raven's Nest Studio and Gallery - Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams. Watercolors, pastels, oils, note cards. 540 Bear Farm Road, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-8387. From Rte 12 in Northfield, take Water St and travel west over the railroad tracks to the second right onto Union St. Follow Union St (Union Brook Road) 4.5 miles onto Hallstrom Rd and follow to the end of the pavement. Take an immediate right up the hill on Bear Farm Road. Go 0.5 mile to the blue house on the right, Little Bear Farm.
- 112. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd, opposite Country Motor Cars. Travel west on Lincoln Gap Rd for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox. At the mailbox, make a right turn into our driveway.
- 113. The Luminous Moose - Andy O'Brien. Custom stained glass designs. 4366 Main St, #3, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 296-1234 or (802) 496-5107. Andy will be showing his work at Moosewalk Studios and Gallery, 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. Please follow directions in that listing.
- 114. Noel Bailey Ceramics - Noel Bailey. Functional high-fire porcelain. 364 Harris Hill, Waitsfield VT 05673. (970) 518-7567. From the intersection of Rte 100 and Rte 17 in Waitsfield, head west on Rte 17 for 1.4 miles. Turn left (south) on Harris Hill Road (immediately after Marble Hill Road). Go 0.4 miles up Harris Hill and studio/home is on the right with a red roof.
- 115. Festival Gallery at Valley Arts. Exhibiting 2 and 3 dimensional artwork. 2 Village Square Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6682. Located at the Village Square Shopping Center, 0.5 mile south of the center of Waitsfield on Rte 100.
- 116. All Things Bright and Beautiful - Gaelic McTigue. Wooden folk art Christmas ornaments, Santas, cats, dogs. 27 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-3997. Enter Waitsfield on Rte 100. Turn onto Bridge St and find us in a three story Victorian house, between the covered bridge and the library.
- 117. Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Vast variety of unique art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Traveling south on Rte 100, go 5 miles past the intersection of Rtes 100 and 100B into the town of Waitsfield. The gallery is on the left, about 0.25 mile past Mad River Garden Center and is set back from the road across from mailbox # 4237. Traveling north on Rte 100, continue into Waitsfield and past Bridge St. The gallery is 0.25 mile further on the right.
- 118. Cat Illustrates - Cathy Pratt. Colorful watercolors, cards. originals. Make some art of your own and have an outdoor experience. 1006 Airport Rd, North Fayston VT 05660. (802) 595-0745. Follow Rte 100 B south from Moretown (it becomes Rte 100) for about 2.4 miles and turn right onto Airport Rd. Travel one mile and find my home on the right. From Bridge St in Waitsfield, travel north on 100 for about 3 miles to a left turn onto Airport Rd. Travel about a mile and find my studio on the right.
- 119. Sculpturebird Studios - Ellen Kucera. Multimedia sculpture honoring the outdoors. (802) 498-5159. Ellen will be showing her work at Cathy Pratt's studio in N. Fayston, 1006 Airport Rd. Follow directions in that listing.
- 120. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery. Unit 1, in the apartment building, will be well marked.
- 121. The Mud Studio - Michael Sullivan. Showing the work of 20 potters. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. Located on Rte 2 next to the Red Hen Bakery & Cafe.
- 122. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Functional, patterned, modern, stoneware, pottery. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 and travel toward Waterbury. At the roundabout take the second turn onto N Main St/Rte 2. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 123. *Ziemke Glassblowing Studio - Glenn Ziemke. Colorful contemporary blown glass. PO Box 327, 3029 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Ctr VT 05677. (802) 244-6126. Studio located on Rte 100, 3 miles north of I-89 exit 10. We are on the left side of Rte 100. Look for a large Ziemke Glassblowing Studio sign.
- 124. Kingfisher Forge - Chris Eaton. Blacksmith studio and hardware shop. 31 Calais Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 272-1296. Chris's studio is located just south of Montpelier at 6451 Northfield ST (Rte 12). From exit 8 on I-89, at the fourth set of traffic lights go right onto Rte 12 and travel about 1.4 miles to the studio, located behind the Uhaul dealership on the right.
- 125. Annie Tiberio Photography - Annie Tiberio. Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness. 110 Ledgewood Terrace, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 999-7661. On I-89, take exit 8 and travel through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights, go left over the bridge and straight through the lights at State St and Bailey Ave. Take the second left onto Terrace St. Go for 1 mile and turn right at Ledgewood Terrace. Look for a green and yellow house ahead on the circle. The studio is in lower level in the back and is accessed across deck between house and garage, down two sets of stairs.
- 126. Robinson Whistles - Delia Robinson. Clay whistles, narrative art and music. 10 Guernsey Ave, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 505-1193. From the intersection of State and Main in Montpelier, head up East State St toward Vermont College of Fine Arts. Take the first right onto Hubbard Street, an immediate left onto First Ave., and a right onto Tremont Street. PLEASE NOTE: Guernsey is too narrow for parking so park on First Ave or Tremont. Enter the first right, Guernsey Ave. My house is yellow, second on the right
- 127. May Day Studio - Kelly McMahon. Quirky paper goods, letterpress, bookbinding. 190 River St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-0639. Travel from Montpelier east on Rte 2/ River St. About 0.8 mile beyond the intersection of Rte 2 with Rte 12 (Main St in Montpelier), pass Pioneer St and turn left into the first driveway. Follow yellow signs to find May Day Studio on the right.
- 128. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Hand made books, artist's books, paper. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the junction of Center Rd and County Rd (Main St extension) turn left and follow to Town Hill Rd on the left. Take Town Hill Rd to its junction with Gallison Hill Rd. Travel past U-32 High School and look for the house with the blue roof on the right. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 129. *Green Mountain Hooked Rugs. - Stephanie Allen Krauss. Traditional hand hooked rugs, classes. 2838 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-1333. Travel on Main St straight through the Montpelier town center and take the first right off the roundabout. Continue north up Main St hill. Continue straight. The road name changes to County Rd. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 3.6 miles. I am on the right in a white house.
- 130. The Den - Jenni Belotserkovsky and Jim Gerstman. Eclectic artwork, paintings and drawings. 107 Mill St, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-8474. From Rte 2 take a right at the blinking light, then right again. Pass the bookstore and cross a small bridge. We will be the first orange house on your left after the bridge.
- 131. L. Koehler Pottery - Leslie Koehler. Majolica glazed terracotta earthenware. 1340 Laird Pond Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 223-3231. Take Rte 2 east to Plainfield Village. At the blinking light, turn down a short hill into the village. Go straight past the fire station and take the left fork onto Maple Hill Rd. At the top of the hill, take a left onto Holt Rd. Travel about 1 mile to the intersection of Holt Rd and Laird Pond Rd. Turn left onto Laird Pond Rd. Studio is immediately on the left, #1340 Laird Pond Rd. Traveling west toward Plainfield from Marshfield, turn left onto Nasmith Brook Rd and continue past Twinfield School driveway. The road merges with Laird Pond Rd. Continue to the end of Laird Pond Rd and find the studio on the right. Total distance from the turn onto Nasmith Smith Rd is about 3 miles.
- 132. Waterfall Quilts - Kathie Alyce. Quilts, patterns, acrylic templates, wallhangings. 550 Nasmith Brook Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 426-3384. On Rte 2, travel east through Plainfield. Go about 6 miles to a right turn toward Twinfield High School. This is Nasmith Brook Rd. Follow it for 0.1 mile. I am the first house on the right next to a waterfall.
- 133. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3369. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 134. Bent Nails Studios - Aaron Scot Ingham. Unique, provocative, functional work using mostly repurposed materials. 1292 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 595-4148. On Rte 2 in Marshfield Village, next to the cemetery and across from the fire station.
- 135. Cabot Artisans Gallery. Art, unique local Vermont products. 3053 Main St, Cabot VT 05647. (802) 563-2064. Take Rte 2 to Marshfield, turn left onto Rte 215 and travel toward Cabot Creamery. Continue past the Creamery 100 yards to the village center. We are located at 3053 Main St.
- 136. Sandy Pond Studios - Sandy Pond. Colorfully diverse, functional, sculptural pottery. 201 Urban Farm Way, Cabot VT 05647. (802) 917-8883. From downtown Cabot go east onto Danville Hill Rd for 2 miles. Turn left, north, onto Urban Farm Way and find us in the first property on the left. From Rte 2 turn west on Danville Hill Rd and travel for 1.5 miles to Urban Farm Way. The studio is first property on left.