Orange and Washington County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2018 October 13th and 14th
Orange and Washington County Regional Information Center
L. White River Craft Center. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912.
M. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
N. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
- 72. Jeffrey Gale Basketmaker - Jeffrey Gale. Traditional white ash baskets, made by hand. Box 84, 72 Old City Falls Rd Strafford VT 05072. (802) 765-4230. In Strafford, from Justin Smith Morrill highway, turn onto Old City Falls Branch. Travel for about 0.7 mile to the studio.
- 73. Fire and Fiber - Peter Evans and Debra Maloney Evans. Weaving by Debra and pottery by Peter. 107 Evans Rd, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-8347. We are located on Rte 12A south, five miles from Northfield. Look for "Evans Road" on the left. Drive to top of the hill, house and studio on the left.
- 74. William Barnard. Wood carved fish, birds, animals. 212 Winch View Rd, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-4691. Winch View Rd is off Rte 12, 0.5 mile south of Northfield.
- 75. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd, opposite Country Motor Cars. Travel west on Lincoln Gap Rd for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox. At the mailbox, make a right turn into our driveway.
- 76. The Luminous Moose - Andy O'Brien. Custom stained glass designs. 4366 Main St, #3, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 296-1234 or (802) 496-5107. Andy will be showing his work at Moosewalk Studios and Gallery, 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. Please follow directions in that listing.
- 77. Loretta Languet Pottery - Loretta Languet DiMario. Stoneware, salt fired pottery, dinnerware. 206 Woods Rd, Fayston VT 05673. (802) 496-9447. In Waitsfield Village, travel south. Across from the Den restaurant, before the junction of Rtes 17 and 100, turn right onto Bragg Hill Rd. Drive 1.3 miles up Bragg Hill and head right onto Kew-Vasseur Rd. Drive 1 mile then turn left onto Woods Rd. We are the fourth house on the right and the studio is at the top of the driveway.
- 78. All Things Bright and Beautiful - Gaelic McTigue. Wooden folk art Christmas ornaments, Santas, cats, dogs. 27 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-3997. Enter Waitsfield on Rte 100. Turn onto Bridge St and find us in a three story Victorian house, between the covered bridge and the library.
- 79. Yestermorrow Design Build School. Woodworking, architecture, furniture, stonework, buildings. 7865 Main St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-5545. From points north and east, take Rte 100 South; continue just past the town of Waitsfield and our campus is on your left. From points south, take Rte 100 north; continue past Warren and campus is on your right. From points west, take Rte 17 to Rte 100.
- 80. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery. Unit 1, in the apartment building, will be well marked.
- 81. Sprout Industry Designs - Kelly O'Hearn. Block prints on paper and clothing. 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 272 4101. Kelly's studio space is part of Elga Gemst's studio at 1104 Rte 100B. Follow directions in that listing.
- 82. The Mud Studio - Michael Sullivan. Showing the work of 20 potters. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. Located on Rte 2 next to the Red Hen Bakery & Cafe.
- 83. Robinson Whistles - Delia Robinson. Clay whistles, narrative art and music. 10 Guernsey Ave, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 505-1193. From the intersection of State and Main in Montpelier, head up East State St toward Vermont College of Fine Arts. Take the first right onto Hubbard Street, an immediate left onto First Ave., and a right onto Tremont Street. PLEASE NOTE: Guernsey is too narrow for parking so park on First Ave or Tremont. Enter the first right, Guernsey Ave. My house is yellow, second on the right.
- 84. Center for Arts and Learning - Hats, painting, rock sculpture, artists. 46 Barre St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 595-5252. From I-89, take exit 8 and go left at the third traffic light onto Main St/Rte 12. Turn at the second right onto Barre St. CAL is on your left at the corner of Wilder St. Park alongside the building and street parking is also available.
- 85. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Hand made books, artist's books, paper. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the junction of Center Rd and County Rd (Main St extension) turn left and follow to Town Hill Rd on the left. Take Town Hill Rd to its junction with Gallison Hill Rd. Travel past U-32 High School and look for the house with the blue roof on the right. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 86. Susan Bull Riley. Classical paintings, oils and watercolors, of botanicals, birds, and landscapes. 1550 Center Rd, E Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 249-8449. On I-89, take exit 8, Montpelier, and travel through three traffic lights to the intersection at a stoplight with Rte 12. Turn left onto Rte 12, Main St. Follow Main St through a traffic light at to a roundabout. Take the first exit off the roundabout and continue on Main St up the hill. From the roundabout go 1.6 miles to Center Rd, just past a cemetery. Turn gentle right onto Center Rd and go 1.5 miles on Center Rd to our red house on the right, a former one room schoolhouse. Park in the circular driveway.
- 87. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3369. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 88. Bent Nails Studios - Aaron Scot Ingham. Unique, provocative, functional work using mostly repurposed materials. 1292 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-4148. On Rte 2 in Marshfield Village, next to the cemetery and across from the fire station.
- 89. Cabot Artisans Gallery. Art, unique local Vermont products. 3053 Main St, Cabot VT 05647. (802) 563-2064. Take Rte 2 to Marshfield, turn left onto Rte 215 and travel toward Cabot Creamery. Continue past the Creamery 100 yards to the village center. We are located at 3053 Main St.
- 90. New Directions Sandy Pond Studios - Sandy Pond. Colorfully diverse, functional, sculptural pottery. 201 Urban Farm Way, Cabot VT 05647. (802) 917-8883. From Main St in "Downtown Cabot" turn onto Danville Hill Rd to the right and travel for 2 miles. Turn left onto Urban Farm Way and find us in the first drive on the left past the greenhouse. From Rte 2 come up Danville Hill Rd to Urban Farm Rd on the right.
- 98. Jayne Ollin - Jayne Ollin. Paintings, prints, bowls, landscapes, abstracts. 720 Templeton Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-5563. Travel north from Montpelier on the County Rd for about 5 miles to Templeton Rd on the right. We are 0.5 mile down Templeton on the right hand side with a red brick house and shop.
- 99. Morrison Windsors - William Morrison. Handmade Windsor chairs, tables, demonstrations.720 Templeton Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-5563. Follow directions in Jayne Ollin's listing #98.