Northern Region Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2016 May 28 & 29
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
A. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211
B. Frog Hollow Gallery - 85 Church St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 863-6458.
C. Grand Isle Art Works - 259 Rte 1328, Grand Isle VT 05458. (802) 378-4591.
D. Miller's Thumb - 14 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-2045.
E. Northeast Kingdom Artisans Guild - 430 Railroad St, St Johnsbury VT 05819. (802) 748-0158.
On The Rocks
- 1. Nancy Stone. Handmade books, original paintings, drawings. 294 Old Creamery Rd, Williston VT 05495. (802) 879-0243. On I-89, take exit 12 and go south on Rte 2A for 0.7 mile. At the crest of the hill, turn left onto Old Creamery Rd. Drive 0.3 mile to #294 on the right. The studio is in the woods beyond the gray house with white trim and is accessed by steep stairs leading to the second floor.
- 2. Shelburne Pond Studios and Sculpture Exhibit. Glass, book arts, sculpture, paintings, prints. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 999-4394. Pond Road is off of Rte 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. The studios are 1.2 miles on Pond Road from either direction. Large sculptures are set into the field next to the road. Turn into the driveway and proceed to the barn.
- 3. Lisa Kent - Pastel paintings of landscapes and flowers. 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05462. (802) 734-8705. Traveling south on Rte 7, pass the Shelburne Museum and turn left onto Marsett Rd. Go straight through the next three four-way stop intersections, onto Pond Road. Travel 1.5 miles on Pond Road, and turn right onto Frogs End. Go up Frogs End, skipping first driveway on left, continue up the hill and bear left, then bear left again to #255.
- 4. *Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio / Gallery - Fiona Cooper Fenwick. Oil and pastel paintings. 1008 Hayden Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 482-4067. From I-89, take exit 12. Go south on Rte 2A for 5 miles which will T into Rte 116. At the intersection, turn left onto Rte 116 and go south for 2 miles where you will come to a stoplight. Turn left onto CVU Rd and head east for 0.6 miles to a stop sign. Continue straight onto Richmond Rd for 1.4 miles and where the road bears left, you continue straight to an immediate stop sign. Turn right onto North Rd, and head south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Hayden Hill Rd, go for 1 mile to #1008. Driveway is on the right. Go up the drive, 0.5 mile to sand colored stucco house.
- 5. Huntington Valley Arts. Weaving, pastels, pottery, fiber arts, woodwork. 2209 Main Rd, PO Box 91, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-4235. On I-89, take exit 11 and go east on Rte 2 to Richmond. Turn right at the stoplight, and bear right at the round church. Follow signs for Huntington and go for 7 miles. Fuller House is a big gray house on the left, just after Beaudry's Store.
- 6. Huntington River Smithy - Jim Fecteau. Hooks, lighting, hardware, gates, hangers. 1735 Main Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3871. From I-89 north or south, take Richmond exit 11. Go south on Rte 2 towards Richmond. At traffic light take a right onto Bridge Street. Go over RR tracks, river, and by Round Church (on the left). Bear right around corner. Go about 5 miles towards Huntington. You will see a green sign for Texas Hill Rd (on the right). A quarter mile past Texas Hill Rd, on the left, is my shop / house. Wood finish on both buildings. Shop has sign on the front and #1735.
- 7. *Birds of Vermont Museum. Wildlife, sculpture, dioramas, woodcarved birds. 900 Sherman Hollow Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-2167. From I-89 take exit 11, Richmond and travel south on Rte 2. At the traffic light in Richmond, turn right towards Huntington. Follow this road (and signs) for about 5 miles. Turn right onto Sherman Hollow Rd (dirt) and find the museum about a mile up the road on the right. From Rte 7 at New Haven, travel east onto Rte 17 through Bristol (where it is joined by Rte 116). Continue straight on Rte 116, (after Rte 17 turns right), through Starksboro to the Hollow Rd, a right hand turn. Follow the Hollow Rd to its end and turn left, onto Main Rd, through the center of Huntington. Follow through the village, about 1.7 miles, to Sherman Hollow Rd on the left, a dirt road that is a sharp uphill left turn. Follow for about 1 mile, passing the Green Mountain Audubon Nature Center, to find the museum.
- 8. Young Rembrandts - Vermont - Pastels, watercolors, children's classes. 386 Hillview Rd, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 363-7522. On I-89, take exit 11, and turn left onto Rte 2 toward Richmond. In the center of Richmond, turn right at the traffic light onto Bridge St, bear right at the Old Round Church. Travel about 0.9 mile past Hinesburg Rd and turn right onto Hillview Rd. Look for yellow Open Studio signs.
- 9. Meinhardt Design, Inc - Jean Meinhardt. Hand-thrown porcelain pottery, micro-crystalline glazes. 202 Murray Drive, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 434-2409. From exit 11 on I-89, turn onto Rte 2 and travel east toward Richmond. Continue straight through the traffic light in Richmond and go about 3 miles. Look for a red barn on the right. Murray Drive is opposite the barn. Turn left onto Murray Drive and go to the top. Traveling west on Rte 2 from Waterbury, go 0.5 mile past Jonesville and see the red barn on the left, Murray Drive on the right. Go to the top of the drive.
- 10. Dianne Shullenberger. Layered fabric collage and colored pencil. 228 Nashville Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-4993. From I-89 take exit 11 and look for Rte 117. At the corner of Rte 117 and Governor Peck Rd (Blue Flame Gas Co.), turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and travel to the end. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd and travel 1 mile. Turn right at Maple Corner Farm Stables onto Nashville Rd. After 2 miles find us in a large farm house on the right. Our site is the historic homestead of Snowflake Bentley.
- 11. Ted Beebe. Unique segmented and turned wooden bowls. 10 Meade Rd, Fairfax VT 05454. (802) 849-2436. Ted will be showing his work with Dianne Shullenberger in Jericho. Follow the directions above.
- 12. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Serving as headquarters for state maps and exhibits of local area artists. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211. On I-89 take exit 11 and go west very briefly on Rte 2. At the stoplight bear right onto Rte 117. Proceed 2.5 miles then turn right onto Barber Farm Road. Go 2.3 miles and the gallery is on your left in the barn complex behind a large white colonial farmhouse, six large solar panels in the field on the left.
- 13. Fairfield Farm Bowls - Toby Fulwiler. Classic hardwood bowls, lathe demonstration. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 827-3779. Toby will be doing Open Studio at the Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Follow directions in that listing.
- 14. John Opulski - John Opulski. Paintings in oil, life drawings, lithography. 361 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 598-1419. 361 Browns Trace is at the corner of Barber Farm Road near Jericho Center. Find us on the right, red barn and red house.
- 15. On The Rocks - Christopher Cleary. Natural stone carvings, sculpture, birdbaths. 353 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-6832. From I-89, take exit 11 and turn west onto Rte 2. Turn right onto Rte 117W, and go for 2.7 miles. Turn right onto Barber Farm Rd. Follow to the stop sign. Turn left onto Brown's Trace Rd. We are the 3rd driveway on the right. The studio is located in the red barn.
- 16. Marcia Rosberg. Paintings in oil, acrylic, collage. 166 Orr Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-2846. From Essex, take Rte 15 east to Jericho and go one mile past Jericho Elementary School. At Packard Rd, turn right, go one mile to Orr Rd and take a right. Studio is fourth house on right, 0.3 mile from corner of Packard.
- 17. Skunk Hollow Studios - Russ Fellows. Bowls, plates, decorative pieces, platters. 26 John Davis Dr, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3059. From I-89, take exit 11, and follow signs for Essex Jct, Rte 117 W. Go 3.5 miles and turn right on Skunk Hollow Rd. Go 2.6 miles, and left onto John Davis Dr. Travel to the end and find me at #26. In Jericho, from Rte 15, take Lee River Rd across from Joe's Snack Bar. Go to a three way stop and right onto Plains Rd. Go 0.5 mile to second three way stop and bear right onto Skunk Hollow Rd, right onto John Davis Dr and travel to the end, #26.
- 18. Kent Eaton - Large, bold, joyful, original paintings. 4 Tyler Place, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 922-0229. From Rte 117, River Road, going up Skunk Hollow Rd, take the first right onto Tyler Place. From Jericho Corners or the Center Circle, take Plains Road to a three way stop sign. Turn down Skunk Hollow Road. Coming down Skunk Hollow, Tyler Place is your last left. Our driveway, #4, is the first right on Tyler Place.
- 19. Hounds Bay Woodworking LLC - Dennis Grage. Carved and turned wooden bowls and spoons. 301 Irish Settlement Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 310-6308. Travel northeast on Rte 15 through Jericho to River Rd in Underhill. Turn right and travel for 2.7 miles. River Rd becomes Pleasant Valley Rd. Continue for 0.4 mile and turn left onto Irish Settlement Rd. Travel for 3 miles and find me on the left.
- 20. Gerald K. Stoner - Gerry Stoner. Whimsical, graceful, welded steel sculpture. 185 River Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-5313. From Jolley's Store on Rte 15 in Jericho, travel toward River Rd. Take the first right onto River Rd and drive 1.9 miles. Find us in the blue farmhouse with red doors at 185 River Rd.
- 21. Sweet Enemy Art - Kristin Richland. Fantastic creatures and evocative dreamscapes. 52 Maple Ridge Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-2621. From Rte 15 turn right at Jolley's store onto River Road. Just after the cemetery on the corner of River Rd and Park St, make a quick left onto Maple Ridge Rd. Travel for 0.5 mile, #52 is on the right immediately after the green water tower.
- 22. Mary Hill Studios - Mary Hill. Wearable art, textiles, tunics, hats, headbands. 52 Kelley Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 793-8277. From I-89, take exit 11. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rte 2 briefly, then bear right onto Rte 117 briefly. Turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and follow until it ends in a T. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. Follow Browns Trace a few miles to its end in a T. Browns Trace intersects Rte 15 at Clarks Truck Center. Turn right down the hill to Mobil Station. Continue on Rte 15, for 2.8 mile and turn left on Kelley Rd. Follow for 0.7 mile to the top of hill.
- 23. Low Mileage Art - (michael smith). Colorful, whimsical, contemporary acrylic paintings. 470 Cilley Hill Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 324-0272. In Jericho on Rte 15, travel east toward Cambridge. From the corner of Rte 15 and Brown's Trace Rd, go 2.4 miles, through Underhill Flats, to Cilley Hill Rd. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd and travel for 0.4 mile to the second driveway on the left.
- 24. Rend'l Pottery - Irene Lederer LaCroix. Raku and saggar fired, pottery, sculpture and tiles. 62 Sawmill Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-5546. Studio Location: Just over town line in Essex. In Jericho, on Rte 15 east travel one mile from the Old Red Mill and the sharp curve at Joe's Snack Bar on Rte 15. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd at the Freedom Horse Farm (first left after the Jericho post office). Cross the one lane bridge and stay left at the fork (Hanley Lane). Travel to the Essex town line where the road becomes Sawmill Rd. My house is the brown cedar saltbox on the left exactly 2.3 miles from Rte 15. The studio is in the barn behind the house.
- 25. Artworks - Donna Kunkel. Realistic watercolors and pastels of landscapes, flowers and animals. 87 Sawmill Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 793-3735. Follow directions to Irene LaCroix's studio and continue past. Find my studio in the third (last) house on the right in the cul de sac. Turn right at the gate with "87" on the post, onto a tarred driveway and follow to the top of the hill. Our house is a light peach color with blue trim, topped with a gray tile roof.
- 26. Julie Y. Baker Albright. Realistic classical oil paintings, prints. 75 Chapin Rd, Essex VT 05452. (802) 878-0644. At the light in Essex Center (junction of Rte 128 and Rte 15) turn onto Towers Rd. Turn, at the second right, onto Chapin Rd. Number 75 is the second house on the right about 1 mile up.
- 27. Precision Studio - Theresa Somerset. Ukrainian eggs, paintings, assemblages, fiber art. 19 Hayden St, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 879-2699. On I-89 take exit 12. Turn onto Rte 2A and travel toward Essex Jct In Essex Jct, at the first light, turn left onto West St and travel for 1.5 miles. Hayden St is on the left. From Winooski: Take Rte 15 to Essex Jct Take the next light past Susie Wilson Rd, and turn right onto West St extension, then turn left onto West St. Hayden St is 0.5 miles on the right.
- 28. Ginny Joyner. Watercolor paintings, beautiful and detailed. 504 Dalton Drive, Unit B, Colchester VT 05446. (802) 655-0899. On I-89 traveling north take exit 15 and turn right off the exit ramp toward Essex. Count five traffic lights to the entrance of Fort Ethan Allen. Turn left into the fort and make an immediate right turn onto Dalton Drive by two large brick columns. My studio is at the corner of Dalton Dr and King Street. Turn left onto King Street and left again into the parking lot behind the building. The studio entrance is at the back of the building where you parked.
- 29. The Artful Pauper. American primitive folk art. PO Box 97, Essex Junction VT 05453. Studio Location: 1610 Troy Avenue, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester VT 05466. (802) 324-1144. Located on Rte 15 between Colchester and Winooski. Look for yellow signs.
- 30. Jane Frank Jewelry Design - Jane Frank. Handmade, custom designed, jewelry for weddings and fashion. 26 Spring St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 999-3242. In Burlington, follow Main St, all the way down to Battery St and turn right. Travel to Pearl St and turn right. Turn left onto Elmwood St, pass the post office, and go straight ahead. The street turns into Interval Ave after the first light. Turn left onto Spring St. Find me in the white house on the right with a pebble driveway.
- 31. Meta Strick. Art dolls, paintings, ornaments, oddities. PO Box 235, Fairfield VT 05455. Studio Location: 460 Cronin Rd, Fairfield VT 05455. (802) 527-7846. From St Albans, go east on Rte 36 for about 6.7 miles to Fairfield Center. Turn left at Fairfield Center, onto North Rd. Travel about 3.7 miles. Turn left onto Pond Rd. Go one mile and turn right onto Cronin Rd, directly across from Reynolds Rd, and travel 0.5 mile. Bear right at the Y. Park in front of the log house and log studio.
- 32. *Carol Crawford Handweaver - Carol Crawford. Lush chenille scarves, shawls, blankets, rugs. 414 Hydes Hill Rd, Bakersfield VT 05441. (802) 827-4460. Rte 108 becomes Main St in Bakersfield. Travel north on Main and turn left onto Hydes Hill Rd. We are the fourth house on the right. Drive up the long driveway and park.
- 33. Artists' Mediums Art Shop - Fine art and handcrafted goods. 286 Old Rte 15, Cambridge VT 05444. (802) 644-2872. From Essex, continue north on Rte 15 through Underhill and into Cambridge. Turn right onto Old Rte 15 at the bottom of the big hill across from Boyden Winery. From Stowe, take Rte 100N and at the traffic circle in Morrisville continue straight on Rte 15E until you reach Cambridge. Take a left onto Old Rte 15 across from Boyden Winery. We are in the red building with green trim, enter through the front porch.
- 34. JH Forge - Jim Hurlburt. Handmade Vermont hardwood kitchen chef knives. 3986 Stowe Hollow Rd, Stowe VT 05672. (802) 253-8473. Take exit 10 off I-89. Travel north on Rte 100 and look for Michael's on the Hill Restaurant about 3 miles past Ben & Jerry's. Immediately past the restaurant turn right at Guild Hill and follow to the stop sign. Go left and drive all the way to the top of paved hill. After the road turns to dirt, travel for 1 mile and find us on the right with two red barns/grey house, and a long stone wall.
- 35. *Marcie Scudder - Fine art photography, notecards, artist books. 699 Alpine View Rd, Stowe VT 05672. (617) 413-5494. From Stowe Village (intersection of Rte 100 and 108), go north onto Rte 108 (Mountain Road). Follow for 0.6 mile. Turn right onto Weeks Hill Road and travel about 1.3 miles and turn right onto Percy Road. Percy Farm is on your right. After about 0.5 mile, take the first left onto Alpine View Rd. #699 is the third driveway on the right. When you reach the sign' Abbey Road' you've arrived.
- 36. Ruth Brown Quilts - Ruth Brown. Quilted art work from repurposed textiles. 236 Park St, Morrisville VT 05661. (802) 888-7656. Ruth will be joining Marcie Scudder at her Stowe studio. Please follow directions in the listing above.
- 37. Seasholtz Glass Design - Matt Seasholtz. Blown glass bowls, vases, weights. (802) 888-4111. PO Box 414, Johnson VT 05656. Studio Location: 590 E. Main St, Hyde Park VT 05655. In Morrisville, from the intersection (traffic light) of Rte 100 and Rte 15, take Rte 15 west, 1 mile to East Main St. Turn left onto East Main St. and find the driveway to the studio immediately on the left. Drive between the two buildings. We are on the left hand side.
- 38. Wind's Edge Studio - Marion Philipsen Seasholtz. Quilts, pillows, wallhangings, banners, clothing. 590 E. Main St, Hyde Park VT 05655. (802) 635-2731. Follow directions in #37.
- 39. Hugo Mesa Studio - Hugo Mesa. Woodcarved doors, furniture, mirrors, mantels. 673 West Hill Rd, Craftsbury VT 05826. (802) 586-7537. Travel north on Rte 14 from Hardwick to Craftsbury, about 10 miles. After you pass the sign for Craftsbury on the right, you will see a farm on the left. Turn left at the farm onto West Hill Rd, pass two camps on either side of the road. Continue heading up the hill for about 0.5 miles. #673 will be the first black mailbox on the left.
- 40. Mill Village Pottery - Lynn Flory. Unique functional and collectible pottery and tiles. 6 Mill Village Rd, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-9971. Travel 1 mile north of Craftsbury Common toward the Outdoor Center. At the bend, go straight onto Wylie Hill Rd. Studio is on the immediate right. Coming south on Rte 14, turn left onto N Craftsbury Rd and go 1.3 miles. Turn left onto Mill Village Rd. Studio is the first building on the road.
- 41. David Brown Woodworking - David Brown. Turned wooden bowls, plates. PO Box 15, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-9625. Studio location: 91 Young Rd. In Craftsbury village, turn east at the church onto Creek Rd. Travel about 0.5 mile to a fork in the road and go left onto King Farm Rd. Travel another 0.5 mile to the first intersection and take a right onto Young Rd. We are the first driveway on the left.
- 42. *Judy B. Dales - Art quilts, wallhangings, curvilinear designs. PO Box 166, 2254 Craftsbury Rd, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-7733. From Willey's Store in the center of Greensboro, take Wilson Street north out of town. Bear left onto Craftsbury Rd. Travel 2.5 miles, passing Highland Lodge on right, Gebbie Rd on right and North Shore Rd on left. After sugar house and beaver swamp, find driveway for #2254 on right. Sign with name and number on tree. From the north, leave East Craftsbury village, travel south on Craftsbury Rd for 3 miles. After cresting the hill, watch for yellow sign on left indicating driveway for #2254.
- 43. Krinshaw Studios - Vanessa Compton. Mixed media collage, clothing, ceramics. 102 Cook Hill Rd, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-7068. Traveling north into Hardwick on Rte 14, go straight through the town's yellow light, bear left at the laundramat and turn right at the Hardwick police station onto Church St. Follow Church St which becomes Center Rd, for about 6 miles until you come to a four way intersection. Turn left onto Lake Rd and go for about 1 mile. Turn left onto Cook Hill Rd. Turn right at the first driveway and park at the end.
- 44. *Louise Arnold - Plein air and studio paintings, landscapes. PO Box 301, 267 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-9224. Located next door to the Lakeview Inn on Breezy Ave in Greensboro.
- 45. Jennifer Ranz - Greensboro Barn. Jennifer Ranz. Pottery, porcelain jewelry, sculpture, watercolors. 491 Country Club Road, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-9281. In Hardwick, from Rte 15 (Main St) bear left at laundromat, go over bridge and up a small hill. Turn right onto Church St. Follow this road, which turns into Center Rd, about 6 miles. When the speed limit reduces to 30, before Greensboro Village, take a sharp right onto Country Club Rd. Go 0.5 mile past the golf club. The Greensboro Barn is visible on the left.
- 46. *Sanderson's Wooden Bowls - Sam and Weeza Sanderson. Bowl turning. 2902 Rte 114, East Burke VT 05832. (802) 626-9622. On I-91 take exit 23 and head north on Rte 5, through the village of Lyndonville. At the northern end of town, bear right onto Rte 114 and go north to the village of East Burke. Continue past the village on Rte 114 for about 2.5 miles. Look for a white farmhouse with red barn on the right with donkeys and a Sanderson's Wooden Bowls sign in front.
- 47. Vermont Glass Workshop - Harry and Wendy Besett. Functional and decorative handblown glass. 482 Mackville Rd, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 472-5733. From Hardwick going south on Rte 14, Main St, turn left on Mackville Rd and travel for 0.5 mile. Studio is on the right.
- 48. *Lucian Avery - Blacksmith - Lucian Avery. Thumb latches, hinges, fire tools, gates. 736 Mackville Rd, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 472-3899. From the blinking light at the junction of Rtes 14 and 15 in Hardwick go south 0.5 mile on Rte 14, then left onto Mackville Rd. Studio is 0.7 miles up Mackville Rd on the right.
- 49. *Charuby Studios - Ruby Leslie. Handwoven scarves, shawls, and woven commissions. Ken Leslie. Artist's books and paintings. 244 Carey Rd, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 472-6375. From Hardwick village, go 1 mile south on Rte 14S. Turn left onto Carey Rd, across from the M&M convenience store/gas station. Our studios are 0.25 mile up Carey Rd on the right. Park at the top of the driveway and enjoy the gardens.
- 50. Joe's Pond Craft Shop - Deborah Stresing. Showing the work of area artists. 2748 Rte 2, W Danville VT 05873. (802) 684-2192. Travel on Rte 2 to the junction of Rte 2 and 15 in West Danville. The shop is located at that junction, in the barn attached to Hastings Store.