Chittenden County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend May 25 & 26, 2019
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
B. Frog Hollow Gallery - 85 Church St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 863-6458.
C. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211
On The Rocks
- 6. Milton Artists Guild. Work by more than 100 artists.199 Route 7, Hannaford Plaza, Milton VT 05468. (802) 355-6583. From I-89N, take exit 17, head north on Rte 7 towards the center of Milton. We are located in the strip mall behind the Milton Post Office and right next to Aubuchon Hardware.
- 7. Westford Red Brick Meeting House - Longina Smolinski. Showing the work of several artists including India Tresselt's fiber art. 1685 VT 128, Westford VT 05494. (802) 999-4848. From Burlington or Essex, take Rte 15 east to Westford. Continue straight onto Rte 128 for about 8 miles. The Red Brick Meeting House is on the right side across from the Common Rd. From St Albans, Fairfax, Take Rte 104S to Rte 128S, The Red Brick Meeting House is on the left. From Cambridge or Jeffersonville, take Rte 15 west from Rte 108 and turn slight right onto Rte 104N. Turn left onto Toof Rd and left onto Rte 128S. The Red Brick Meeting House is on the left across from Common Rd.
- 8. Precision Studio - Theresa Somerset. Ukrainian eggs, paintings, assemblages, fiber art. 19 Hayden St, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 879-2699. On I-89 take exit 12. Turn onto Rte 2A and travel toward Essex Jct In Essex Jct, at the first light, turn left onto West St and travel for 1.5 miles. Hayden St is on the left. From Winooski: Take Rte 15 to Essex Jct Take the next light past Susie Wilson Rd, and turn right onto West St extension, then turn left onto West St. Hayden St is 0.5 miles on the right.
- 9. Anna Vreman. Landscape, still life and abstract paintings. (802) 893-6877 Anna will be showing her work at Precision Studio at 19 Hayden St, Essex Jct VT 05452. Please follow directions in #8.
- 10. Julie Y. Baker Albright. Realistic classical oil paintings, prints. 75 Chapin Rd, Essex VT 05452. (802) 878-0644. At the light in Essex Center (junction of Rte 128 and Rte 15) turn onto Towers Rd. Turn, at the second right, onto Chapin Rd. Number 75 is the second house on the right about 1 mile up.
- 11. Rend'l Pottery - Irene Lederer LaCroix. Raku and saggar fired, pottery, sculpture and tiles. 62 Sawmill Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-5546. Studio Location: Just over town line in Essex. In Jericho, on Rte 15 east travel one mile from the Old Red Mill and the sharp curve at Joe's Snack Bar on Rte 15. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd at the Freedom Horse Farm (first left after the Jericho post office). Cross the one lane bridge and stay left at the fork (Hanley Lane). Travel to the Essex town line where the road becomes Sawmill Rd. My house is the brown cedar saltbox on the left exactly 2.3 miles from Rte 15. The studio is in the barn behind the house.
- 12. Mary Hill Studios - Mary Hill. Hand painted clothing, accessories, inspirational items for the home. 52 Kelley Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 793-8277. From I-89, take exit 11. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rte 2 briefly, then bear right onto Rte 117 briefly. Turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and follow until it ends in a T. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. Follow Browns Trace a few miles to its end in a T. Browns Trace intersects Rte 15 at Clarks Truck Center. Turn right down the hill to Mobil Station. Continue on Rte 15, for 2.8 mile and turn left on Kelley Rd. Follow for 0.7 mile to the top of hill.
- 13. *Sweet Enemy Art - Kristin Richland. Imaginative paintings, prints, and spirited creatures. 52 Maple Ridge Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-2621. From Rte 15 turn right at Jolley's store onto River Road. Just after the cemetery on the corner of River Rd and Park St, make a quick left onto Maple Ridge Rd. Travel for 0.5 mile, #52 is on the right immediately after the green water tower.
- 14. Gerald K. Stoner - Gerry Stoner. Whimsical, graceful, welded steel sculpture. 185 River Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 324-3897. From Jolley's Store on Rte 15 in Jericho, travel toward River Rd. Take the first right onto River Rd and drive 1.9 miles. Find us in the blue farmhouse with red doors at 185 River Rd.
- 15. Sugar House Jewelry - Erin Cohen. Fine silver and gold jewelry. 78 VT Rte 15, Unit 3, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 310-7408. I'm located about 0.25 mile up the hill from Joe's Snack Bar, on the right across the street from Snowflake Chocolate in the yellow condos.
- 16. *Marcia Rosberg. Paintings in oil, acrylic, collage. 166 Orr Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-2846. From Essex, take Rte 15 east to Jericho and go one mile past Jericho Elementary School. At Packard Rd, turn right, go one mile to Orr Rd and take a right. Studio is fourth house on right, 0.3 mile from corner of Packard.
- 17. Dianne Shullenberger. Fabric collage, colored pencil, sculpture. 228 Nashville Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-4993. From I-89 take exit 11 and look for Rte 117. At the corner of Rte 117 and Governor Peck Rd (Blue Flame Gas Co.), turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and travel to the end. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd and travel 1 mile. Turn right at Maple Corner Farm Stables onto Nashville Rd. After 2 miles find us in a large farm house on the right. Our site is the historic homestead of Snowflake Bentley.
- 18. On the Rocks Carving Studio & Sculpture Garden - Chris Cleary. Stone sculpture, birdbaths, steampunk sculpture, fire breathing. 353 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-6832. From I-89, take exit 11. Turn west onto Rte 2. Turn right onto Rte 117W, go 2.7 miles. Turn right onto Barber Farm Rd. Follow to the stop sign. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. We are the 3rd driveway on the right.
- 19. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Serving as headquarters for state maps and exhibits of local area artists. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211. On I-89 take exit 11 and go west very briefly on Rte 2. At the stoplight bear right onto Rte 117. Proceed 2.5 miles then turn right onto Barber Farm Road. Go 2.3 miles and the gallery is on your left in the barn complex behind a large white colonial farmhouse, six large solar panels in the field on the left.
- 20. Fairfield Farm Bowls - Toby Fulwiler. Classic hardwood bowls, lathe demonstration. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 827-3779. Toby will be doing Open Studio at the Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Follow directions in that listing.
- 21. Meinhardt Design, Inc - Jean Meinhardt. Hand-thrown porcelain pottery, micro-crystalline glazes. 202 Murray Drive, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 434-2409. From exit 11 on I-89, turn onto Rte 2 and travel east toward Richmond. Continue straight through the traffic light in Richmond and go about 3 miles. Look for a red barn on the right. Murray Drive is opposite the barn. Turn left onto Murray Drive and go to the top. Traveling west on Rte 2 from Waterbury, go 0.5 mile past Jonesville and see the red barn on the left, Murray Drive on the right. Go to the top of the drive.
- 22. *Birds of Vermont Museum. Wildlife, sculpture, dioramas, woodcarved birds. 900 Sherman Hollow Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-2167. From I-89 take exit 11, Richmond and travel south on Rte 2. At the traffic light in Richmond, turn right towards Huntington. Follow this road (and signs) for about 5 miles. Turn right onto Sherman Hollow Rd (dirt) and travel 1.0 mile to the museum on the right. From Rte 7 at New Haven, travel east onto Rte 17 through Bristol (where it is joined by Rte 116). Continue straight on Rte 116, through Starksboro to the Hollow Rd, a right hand turn. Follow the Hollow road to its end and turn left, onto Main Rd, through the center of Huntington. Follow through the village, about 1.7 miles, to Sherman Hollow Rd on the left, a dirt road that is a sharp uphill left turn. Follow for about 1 mile, passing the Green Mountain Audubon Nature Center, to find the museum.
- 23. Gordon Rowe. Ceramics both thrown and handbuilt. 239 Texas Hill Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 881-3975. From Richmond, take the Huntington Rd about 6 miles to Texas Hill Road. Turn right on Texas Hill Rd, and the studio is up 0.33 mile on the left.
- 24. Huntington Valley Arts. Fiber arts, weaving, shibori, knitwear. 2209 Main Rd, PO Box 91, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-4235. Fuller House is located in the middle of Huntington in a big gray house on the left, just after Beaudry's Store.
- 25. Katherine Carleton Fine Arts Studio - Katherine Carleton. Paintings of animals, nature, landscapes, portraits. 3364 Spear ST, Charlotte VT 05445. (802) 999-7918. Traveling south on Rte 7 in Charlotte, turn left onto Church Hill Rd and travel to its intersection with Hinesburg Rd (where Church Hill Rd veers left) about 0.7 mile. Continue on Hinesburg Rd until its intersection with Spear St, about 2.25 miles. Turn right onto Spear St and travel about 0.6 mile and find me on the right.
- 26. *Jessica Scriver Studio - Jessica Scriver. Satellite, map and biomorphic explorations. 2206 Greenbush Rd, Charlotte VT 05445. (802) 318-3228. From Shelburne Rd in Shelburne, turn right at the Shelburne Museum onto Bostwick Rd. Bostwick Rd will turn into Greenbush Rd. My studio is on the right about a half mile past the railroad bridge.
- 27. Roadhouse Studios - Sherry Senior. A group of artists working in different disciplines. 207 Webster Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 233-5303. From I-89 north or south take exit 13 and follow to Rte 7 South. Go about 4 miles toward the town of Shelburne. Just before going over the bridge into the town of Shelburne stay right and go over Rte 7 (jug handle) onto Webster Rd. Our studios are 0.25 mile on the left.
- 28. Shelburne Pond Studios and Sculpture Exhibit. Glass, book arts, sculpture, paintings, prints. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 999-4394. Pond Road is off of Rte 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. The studios are 1.2 miles on Pond Road from either direction. Large sculptures are set into the field next to the road. Turn into the driveway and proceed to the barn.
- 29. Lisa Kent - Landscape paintings, hand painted ceramics. 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05462. (802) 734-8705. Traveling south on Rte 7, pass the Shelburne Museum and turn left onto Marsett Rd. Go straight through the next three four-way stop intersections, onto Pond Road. Travel 1.5 miles on Pond Road, and turn right onto Frogs End. Go up Frogs End, skipping first driveway on left, continue up the hill and bear left, then bear left again to #255.
- 30. *Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio / Gallery - Fiona Cooper Fenwick. Oil and pastel paintings. 1008 Hayden Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 793-4758. From I-89, take exit 12. Go south on Rte 2A for 5 miles which will T into Rte 116. At the intersection, turn left onto Rte 116 and go south for 2 miles where you will come to a stop light. Turn left onto CVU Rd and head east for 0.6 miles to a stop sign. Continue straight onto Richmond Rd for 1.4 miles and where the road bears left, you continue straight to an immediate stop sign. Turn right onto North Rd, and head south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Hayden Hill Rd, go for 1 mile to #1008. Driveway is on the right. Go up the drive, 0.5 mile to sand-colored stucco house.