Chittenden and Franklin County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
A. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211
B. Frog Hollow Gallery - 85 Church St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 863-6458.
C. Grand Isle Art Works - 259 Rte 2, Grand Isle VT 05458. (802) 378-4591.
- 1. Jessica Scriver Studio - Jessica Scriver. Paintings exploring maps and landscapes. 2206 Greenbush Rd, Charlotte VT 05445. (802) 318-3228. From Shelburne Rd in Shelburne, turn right at the Shelburne Museum onto Bostwick Rd. Bostwick Rd will turn into Greenbush Rd. My studio is on the right about a half mile past the railroad bridge.
- 2. Shelburne Pond Studios and Sculpture Exhibit. Glass, book arts, sculpture, paintings, prints. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 999-4394. Pond Road is off of Rte 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. The studios are 1.2 miles on Pond Road from either direction. Large sculptures are set into the field next to the road. Turn into the driveway and proceed to the barn.
- 3. Lisa Kent. Pastels, prints, hand painted ceramics. 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05462. (802) 734-8705. Traveling south on Rte 7, pass the Shelburne Museum and turn left onto Marsett Rd. Go straight through the next three four-way stop intersections, onto Pond Road. Travel 1.5 miles on Pond Road, and turn right onto Frogs End. Go up Frogs End, skipping first driveway on left, continue up the hill and bear left, then bear left again to #255.
- 4. Halex Designs - Debba Pearce. Pastel landscapes, impressionistic and representational. 499 Beaver Creek Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 343-9169. Debba will be showing her work Lisa Kent's studio at 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05482. Please follow directions in #3 above.
- 5. John Lomas Custom Furniture - John Lomas. Custom handmade solid wood furniture. 2778 Shelburne Falls Rd, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 747-8564. From I-89 take exit 12 and Rte 2A toward Bristol and Hinesburg. At the junction with Rte 116 just north of Hinesburg, turn left onto Rte 116 towards Hinesburg. At the first traffic light in Hinesburg, turn right onto Shelburne Falls Rd and travel for 2.6 miles to the studio which will be on the right. From Rte 7 in Shelburne, turn east on Falls Road, which becomes Ireland Rd. At the third stop sign, turn right onto Dorset St. In 0.25 mile follow road around 90 degree bend to the left. The studio is about 1 mile further on the left. Blue barn with sign on road: John Lomas Custom Furniture.
- 6. Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio - Fiona Cooper Fenwick. Oil and pastel paintings. 1008 Hayden Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 793-4758. From I-89, take exit 12. Go south on Rte 2A for 5 miles which will T into Rte 116. At the intersection, turn left onto Rte 116 and go south for 2 miles where you will come to a stop light. Turn left onto CVU Rd and head east for 0.6 miles to a stop sign. Continue straight onto Richmond Rd for 1.4 miles and where the road bears left, you continue straight to an immediate stop sign. Turn right onto North Rd, and head south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Hayden Hill Rd, go for 1 mile to #1008. Driveway is on the right. Go up the drive, 0.5 mile to sand colored stucco house.
- 7. Marian Willmott. Semi abstract, paintings, monoprints and landscapes. 1617 Hayden Hill West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 482-3131. The driveway is 0.5 mile past Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio, (directions below) on the left, the last driveway on the road.
- 8. Kevin Jenness Woodworking - Kevin Jenness. Elegant, functional furniture, boxes and bowls. 700 East St, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3438. From Richmond, go 7 miles south to Huntington. Pass the village green, and go slightly left onto East St (Main St continues to the right) and follow East St for 0.7 miles to the first place on the right after the pavement ends. This will be a cedar shingled house and shop.
- 9. Huntington Valley Arts. Weaving, shibori, mono and block prints, fiber. 2209 Main Rd, PO Box 91, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-4235. Fuller House is located in the middle of Huntington in a big gray house on the left, just after Beaudry's Store.
- 10. Huntington River Smithy - Jim Fecteau. Hooks, lighting, hardware, gates, hangers. 1735 Main Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3871. From I-89 north or south, take Richmond exit 11. Go south on Rte 2 towards Richmond. At traffic light take a right onto Bridge Street. Go over RR tracks, river, and by Round Church (on the left). Bear right around corner. Go about 5 miles towards Huntington. You will see a green sign for Texas Hill Rd (on the right). A quarter mile past Texas Hill Rd, on the left, is my shop / house. Wood finish on both buildings. Shop has sign on the front and #1735.
- 11. Birds of Vermont Museum. Wildlife, sculpture, dioramas, woodcarved birds. 900 Sherman Hollow Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-2167. From I-89 take exit 11, Richmond and travel south on Rte 2. At the traffic light in Richmond, turn right towards Huntington. Follow this road (and signs) for about 5 miles. Turn right onto Sherman Hollow Rd (dirt) and find the museum about a mile up the road on the right. From Rte 7 at New Haven, travel east onto Rte 17 through Bristol (where it is joined by Rte 116). Continue straight on Rte 116, (after Rte 17 turns right), through Starksboro to the Hollow Rd, a right hand turn. Follow the Hollow road to its end and turn left, onto Main Rd, through the center of Huntington. Follow through the village, about 1.7 miles, to Sherman Hollow Rd on the left, a dirt road that is a sharp uphill left turn. Follow for about 1 mile, passing the Green Mountain Audubon Nature Center, to find the museum.
- 12. Meinhardt Design Inc - Jean Meinhardt. Hand-thrown porcelain pottery, micro-crystalline glazes. 202 Murray Drive, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 434-2409. From exit 11 on I-89, turn onto Rte 2 and travel east toward Richmond. Continue straight through the traffic light in Richmond and go about 3 miles. Look for a red barn on the right. Murray Drive is opposite the barn. Turn left onto Murray Drive and go to the top. Traveling west on Rte 2 from Waterbury, go 0.5 mile past Jonesville and see the red barn on the left, Murray Drive on the right. Go to the top of the drive.
- 13. Friday Evening Flowers - Jenny Hermenze and Sharon McGreevy. Paper flowers, bouquets, corsages, arrangements. 57 Pleasant St, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 598-6755. From Rte 2 at the traffic light in Richmond turn onto Bridge St and follow to Pleasant St on the left. Find us on the left in about 300 ft.
- 14. Dianne Shullenberger. Fabric collage, colored pencil, sculpture. 228 Nashville Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-4993. From I-89 take exit 11 and look for Rte 117. At the corner of Rte 117 and Governor Peck Rd (Blue Flame Gas Co.), turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and travel to the end. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd and travel 1 mile. Turn right at Maple Corner Farm Stables onto Nashville Rd. After 2 miles find us in a large farm house on the right. Our site is the historic homestead of Snowflake Bentley.
- 15. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Serving as headquarters for state maps and exhibits of local area artists. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211. On I-89 take exit 11 and go west very briefly on Rte 2. At the stoplight bear right onto Rte 117. Proceed 2.5 miles then turn right onto Barber Farm Road. Go 2.3 miles and the gallery is on your left in the barn complex behind a large white colonial farmhouse, six large solar panels in the field on the left.
- 16. Fairfield Farm Bowls - Toby Fulwiler. Classic hardwood bowls, lathe demonstration. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 827-3779. Toby will be doing Open Studio at the Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Follow directions in that listing.
- 17. Carl Newton Bentwood Box Maker - Carl Newton. Shaker and Norwegian oval boxes. (802) 899-3874. Carl will be showing at Emile Gruppe Gallery, 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. Follow the directions in that listing.
- 18. John M. Opulski - John Opulski. Paintings in oil, life drawings, lithography. 361 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 598-1419. 361 Browns Trace is at the corner of Barber Farm Road near Jericho Center. Find us on the right, red barn and red house.
- 19. On the Rocks Carving Studio & Sculpture Garden - Chris Cleary. Stone sculpture, birdbaths, steampunk sculpture, fire breathing. 353 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-6832. From I-89, take exit 11. Turn west onto Rte 2. Turn right onto Rte 117W, go 2.7 miles. Turn right onto Barber Farm Rd. Follow to the stop sign. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. We are the 3rd driveway on the right.
- 20. Marcia Rosberg. Paintings in oil, acrylic, collage. 166 Orr Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-2846. From Essex, take Rte 15 east to Jericho and go one mile past Jericho Elementary School. At Packard Rd, turn right, go one mile to Orr Rd and take a right. Studio is fourth house on right, 0.3 mile from corner of Packard.
- 21. Skunk Hollow Studios - Russ Fellows. Bowls, plates, decorative pieces, platters. 26 John Davis Dr, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3059. From I-89, take exit 11, and follow signs for Essex Jct, Rte 117 W. Go 3.5 miles and turn right on Skunk Hollow Rd. Go 2.6 miles, and left onto John Davis Dr. Travel to the end and find me at #26. In Jericho, from Rte 15, take Lee River Rd across from Joe's Snack Bar. Go to a three way stop and right onto Plains Rd. Go 0.5 mile to second three way stop and bear right onto Skunk Hollow Rd, right onto John Davis Dr and travel to the end, #26.
- 22. Gerald K. Stoner - Gerry Stoner. Whimsical, graceful, welded steel sculpture. 185 River Rd, Underhill VT 05489. 802-324-3897. From Jolley's Store on Rte 15 in Jericho, travel toward River Rd. Take the first right onto River Rd and drive 1.9 miles. Find us in the blue farmhouse with red doors at 185 River Rd.
- 23. Sweet Enemy Art - Kristin Richland. Fantastic creatures and evocative dreamscapes. 52 Maple Ridge Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-2621. From Rte 15 turn right at Jolley's store onto River Road. Just after the cemetery on the corner of River Rd and Park St, make a quick left onto Maple Ridge Rd. Travel for 0.5 mile, #52 is on the right immediately after the green water tower.
- 24. Low Mileage Art - (michael smith). Colorful, whimsical, contemporary acrylic paintings. 470 Cilley Hill Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 324-0272. In Jericho on Rte 15, travel east toward Cambridge. From the corner of Rte 15 and Brown's Trace Rd, go 2.4 miles, through Underhill Flats, to Cilley Hill Rd. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd and travel for 0.4 mile to the second driveway on the left.
- 25. Rend'l Pottery - Irene Lederer LaCroix. Raku and saggar fired, pottery, sculpture and tiles. 62 Sawmill Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-5546. Studio Location: Just over town line in Essex. In Jericho, on Rte 15 east travel one mile from the Old Red Mill and the sharp curve at Joe's Snack Bar on Rte 15. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd at the Freedom Horse Farm (first left after the Jericho post office). Cross the one lane bridge and stay left at the fork (Hanley Lane). Travel to the Essex town line where the road becomes Sawmill Rd. My house is the brown cedar saltbox on the left exactly 2.3 miles from Rte 15. The studio is in the barn behind the house.
- 26. Brickhouse Studios Inc. - John Churchman. Photo illustration, fine art. 15 Gray Way, Essex Junction VT 05452. (802) 899-2000. Enter Jericho on Rte 15. Take the first left after Snowflake Chocolates onto Old Pump Rd. Travel 1.25 miles and turn right onto Gray Way. Take first right at 15 Gray Way. Keep right at top of the hill for the Gallery/Studio.
- 27. Julie Y Baker Albright. Realistic classical oil paintings, prints. 75 Chapin Rd, Essex VT 05452. (802) 878-0644. At the light in Essex Center (junction of Rte 128 and Rte 15) turn onto Towers Rd. Turn, at the second right, onto Chapin Rd. Number 75 is the second house on the right about 1 mile up.
- 28. Precision Studio - Theresa Somerset. Ukrainian eggs, paintings, assemblages, fiber art. 19 Hayden St, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 879-2699. On I-89 take exit 12. Turn onto Rte 2A and travel toward Essex Jct In Essex Jct, at the first light, turn left onto West St and travel for 1.5 miles. Hayden St is on the left. From Winooski: Take Rte 15 to Essex Jct Take the next light past Susie Wilson Rd, and turn right onto West St extension, then turn left onto West St. Hayden St is 0.5 miles on the right. HERE FOR S2017
- 29. Leslie Fry. Sculpture and works on paper. 48- B Elm St, Winooski VT 05404. (802) 999-5313. Driving north on I-89, take exit 15 for Winooski, turn left, and get in the right-hand lane. Go through one traffic light, take a soft right at the railroad crossing onto Spring St. Stay on Spring until it ends (straight through 2 stop signs, one traffic light at Main St, and 2 more stop signs) at Mallets Bay Ave. Turn right. Take your first left, which is Elm St.* Go down the hill and just past the first intersection (Hickok St), my gray house is the first on the left. There is a huge hedge before the driveway, and the house number 48 is not obvious. Please park on street, studio and sculpture garden at end of driveway. Driving south on I-89: Take exit 16 for Winooski, and turn right onto Rte 7 south. At the third light, turn right onto West Spring St and follow until it ends at Mallets Bay Ave. Turn right. Take your first left, which is Elm St and follow directions above.*
- 30. Meta Strick. Art dolls, paintings, ornaments, oddities. PO Box 235, Fairfield VT 05455. Studio Location: 460 Cronin Rd, Fairfield VT 05455. (802) 527-7846. From St Albans, go east on Rte 36 for about 6.7 miles to Fairfield Center. Turn left at Fairfield Center, onto North Rd. Travel about 3.7 miles. Turn left onto Pond Rd. Go one mile and turn right onto Cronin Rd, directly across from Reynolds Rd, and travel 0.5 mile. Bear right at the Y. Park in front of the log house and log studio.