Chittenden County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs -- or they represent a change, like a withdrawal. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
B. Frog Hollow Gallery - 85 Church St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 863-6458.
C. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211
On The Rocks
- 11. Milton Artists Guild. Work by more than 100 artists. 199 Route 7, Hannaford Plaza, Milton VT 05468. (802) 355-6583. From I-89N, take exit 17, head north on Rte 7 towards the center of Milton. We are located in the strip mall behind the Milton Post Office and right next to Aubuchon Hardware.
- 12. Longina Smolinski. Paintings, sculpture, handcrafted silver jewelry. 474 Cambridge Rd, Westford VT 05494. (802) 999-4848. From Essex take Rte 128 to Westford. Turn right onto Cambridge Rd. Drive for about 2 miles. My studio is in my house on the left side of the road. From St Albans, take Rte 104 towards Fairfax. After Fairfax turns right onto Toof Rd. Pass Plains Rd on the right. My place is on the right, about 1.5 miles from Rte 104. From Jeffersonville, take Rte 15 towards Cambridge. Go slightly right onto Rte 104 by Boyden's Farm. Turn left onto Toof Rd. Find us on the right in about 1.5 miles.
- 13. Julie Y. Baker Albright. Realistic classical oil paintings, prints. 75 Chapin Rd, Essex VT 05452. (802) 878-0644. At the light in Essex Center (junction of Rte 128 and Rte 15) turn onto Towers Rd. Turn, at the second right, onto Chapin Rd. Number 75 is the second house on the right about 1 mile up.
- 14. Mary Krause. Oil paintings, cards, prints, magnets. 75 Partridge Dr, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 878-9971. From Burlington, travel north on I-89 to exit 15. Turn right off the exit onto Rte 15 (also E Allen St and Grand Army of the Republic Hwy). Continue on Rte 15E for 3.5 miles. Stay straight to go onto Maple St (Rte 117) and go for 3.2 miles. Turn left onto Sandhill Rd and go 0.9 mile. Turn left onto Allen Martin Pkwy and go for 0.3 mile. Turn right onto Partridge Dr and watch for yellow studio signs. From Jericho go west on Rte 15 for 2 miles and turn left onto Allen Martin Dr and go for 0.8 mile. Stay straight to go onto Sandhill Rd for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Allen Martin Pkwy and go for 0.3 mile and follow directions above.
- 15. Low Mileage Art - (michael smith). Colorful, whimsical, contemporary acrylic paintings. 470 Cilley Hill Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 324-0272. In Jericho on Rte 15, travel east toward Cambridge. From the corner of Rte 15 and Brown's Trace Rd, go 2.4 miles, through Underhill Flats, to Cilley Hill Rd. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd and travel for 0.4 mile to the second driveway on the left.
- 16. *Sweet Enemy Art - Kristin Richland. Imaginative paintings, prints, and spirited creatures. 52 Maple Ridge Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-2621. From Rte 15 turn right at Jolley's store onto River Road. Just after the cemetery on the corner of River Rd and Park St, make a quick left onto Maple Ridge Rd. Travel for 0.5 mile, #52 is on the right immediately after the green water tower.
- 17. Hounds Bay Woodworking LLC - Dennis Grage. Carved and turned wooden bowls and spoons. 301 Irish Settlement Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 310-6308. Travel northeast on Rte 15 through Jericho to River Rd in Underhill. Turn right and travel for 2.7 miles. River Rd becomes Pleasant Valley Rd. Continue for 0.4 mile and turn left onto Irish Settlement Rd. Travel for 3 miles and find me on the left.
- 18. Gerald K. Stoner - Gerry Stoner. Whimsical, graceful, welded steel sculpture. 185 River Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 324-3897. From Jolley's Store on Rte 15 in Jericho, travel toward River Rd. Take the first right onto River Rd and drive 1.9 miles. Find us in the blue farmhouse with red doors at 185 River Rd.
- 19. Starbird Pottery - Julie Keller. Nature inspired functional stoneware pottery. 26 Starbird Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 858-9378. From The Old Red Mill in Jericho Village, continue east for 1.4 miles on VT Rte 15 to Packard Road on the right. Take your second right onto Starbird Rd. Stay right and travel to #28 on the right hand side of the road. Brown, cedar shingle sided house.
- 20. *Katrina Allen Art - Katrina Allen. Vibrant, nature-inspired abstract paintings. 154 Orr Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3699. From Essex, take Rte 15 east to Jericho and go 1 mile past Jericho Elementary School. At Packard Rd, turn right, go 1 mile to Orr Rd and turn right. The studio is the third house on the right, just before Marcia Rosberg.
- 21. *Marcia Rosberg. Paintings in oil, acrylic, collage. 166 Orr Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-2846. From Essex, take Rte 15 east to Jericho and go one mile past Jericho Elementary School. At Packard Rd, turn right, go one mile to Orr Rd and take a right. Studio is fourth house on right, 0.3 mile from corner of Packard.
- 22. On The Rocks Carving Studio and Sculpture Garden- Chris Cleary. Stone sculpture, birdbaths, steampunk sculpture, fire breathing. 353 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-6832. From I-89, take exit 11. Turn west onto Rte 2. Turn right onto Rte 117W, go 2.7 miles. Turn right onto Barber Farm Rd. Follow to the stop sign. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. We are the 3rd driveway on the right.
- 23. Dianne Shullenberger. Fabric collage, colored pencil, sculpture. 228 Nashville Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-4993. From I-89 take exit 11 and look for Rte 117. At the corner of Rte 117 and Governor Peck Rd (Blue Flame Gas Co.), turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and travel to the end. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd and travel 1 mile. Turn right at Maple Corner Farm Stables onto Nashville Rd. After 2 miles find us in a large farm house on the right. Our site is the historic homestead of Snowflake Bentley.
- 24. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Serving as headquarters for state maps and exhibits of local area artists. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211. On I-89 take exit 11 and go west very briefly on Rte 2. At the stoplight bear right onto Rte 117. Proceed 2.5 miles then turn right onto Barber Farm Road. Go 2.3 miles and the gallery is on your left in the barn complex behind a large white colonial farmhouse, six large solar panels in the field on the left.
- 25. Fairfield Farm Bowls - Toby Fulwiler. Classic hardwood bowls, lathe demonstration. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 827-3779. Toby will be doing Open Studio at the Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Follow directions in that listing.
- 26. Carl Newton, Bentwood Box Maker - Carl Newton. Shaker boxes, carriers, trays, pincushions. (802) 899-3874. Carl will be showing at Emile A. Gruppe Gallery, 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. Follow the directions in that listing.
- 27. Meinhardt Design, Inc - Jean Meinhardt. Hand-thrown porcelain pottery, micro-crystalline glazes. 202 Murray Drive, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 434-2409. From exit 11 on I-89, turn onto Rte 2 and travel east toward Richmond. Continue straight through the traffic light in Richmond and go about 3 miles. Look for a red barn on the right. Murray Drive is opposite the barn. Turn left onto Murray Drive and go to the top. Traveling west on Rte 2 from Waterbury, go 0.5 mile past Jonesville and see the red barn on the left, Murray Drive on the right. Go to the top of the drive.
- 28. Radiate Art Space - Heather Drury. Community space for local artists. 203 Bridge St, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 238-4906. From exit 11 on I-89, take Rte 2 east to the stoplight in the center of Richmond. Turn right onto Bridge Street. We are in the lower level of the Town Center, a brick building in front of Post Office on left.
- 29. *Birds of Vermont Museum. Wildlife, sculpture, dioramas, woodcarved birds. 900 Sherman Hollow Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-2167. From I-89 take exit 11, Richmond and travel south on Rte 2. At the traffic light in Richmond, turn right towards Huntington. Follow this road (and signs) for about 5 miles. Turn right onto Sherman Hollow Rd (dirt) and travel 1.0 mile to the museum on the right. From Rte 7 at New Haven, travel east onto Rte 17 through Bristol (where it is joined by Rte 116). Continue straight on Rte 116, through Starksboro to the Hollow Rd, a right hand turn. Follow the Hollow road to its end and turn left, onto Main Rd, through the center of Huntington. Follow through the village, about 1.7 miles, to Sherman Hollow Rd on the left, a dirt road that is a sharp uphill left turn. Follow for about 1 mile, passing the Green Mountain Audubon Nature Center, to find the museum.
- 30. Gordon Rowe. Ceramics both thrown and handbuilt. 239 Texas Hill Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 881-3975. From Richmond, take the Huntington Rd about 6 miles to Texas Hill Road. Turn right on Texas Hill Rd, and the studio is up 0.33 mile on the left.
- 31. Huntington River Smithy - Jim Fecteau. Hooks, lighting, hardware, gates, hangers. 1735 Main Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3871. From I-89 north or south, take Richmond exit 11. Go south on Rte 2 towards Richmond. At traffic light take a right onto Bridge Street. Go over RR tracks, river, and by Round Church (on the left). Bear right around corner. Go about 5 miles towards Huntington. You will see a green sign for Texas Hill Rd (on the right). A quarter mile past Texas Hill Rd, on the left, is my shop / house. Wood finish on both buildings. Shop has sign on the front and #1735.
- 32. Huntington Valley Arts. Weaving, shibori, fabric printing, pottery. 2209 Main Rd, PO Box 91, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-4235. Fuller House is located in the middle of Huntington in a big gray house on the left, just after Beaudry's Store.
- 33. Kevin Jenness Woodworking - Kevin Jenness. Elegant, functional furniture, boxes and bowls. 700 East St, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3438. From Richmond, go 7 miles south to Huntington. Pass the village green, and go slightly left onto East St (Main St continues to the right) and follow East St for 0.7 miles to the first place on the right after the pavement ends. This will be a cedar shingled house and shop.
- 34. *Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio / Gallery - Fiona Cooper Fenwick. Oil and pastel paintings. 1008 Hayden Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 793-4758. From I-89, take exit 12. Go south on Rte 2A for 5 miles which will T into Rte 116. At the intersection, turn left onto Rte 116 and go south for 2 miles where you will come to a stop light. Turn left onto CVU Rd and head east for 0.6 miles to a stop sign. Continue straight onto Richmond Rd for 1.4 miles and where the road bears left, you continue straight to an immediate stop sign. Turn right onto North Rd, and head south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Hayden Hill Rd, go for 1 mile to #1008. Driveway is on the right. Go up the drive, 0.5 mile to sand colored stucco house.
- 35. Russell Spies - Eighteenth century pewter and wrought metals. 766 Mechanicsville Rd, Hinesburg VT 05461. 802-482-3563. On Rte 116 south bound, at the first traffic light in Hinesburg, take a left-hand turn onto CVU Rd. Take the first right onto Mechanicsville Rd and go 150 yards to the studio. Heading north on Rte 116, in the middle of Hinesburg, take a right turn onto Mechanicsville Rd. Go about 0.25 mile to the house on the right-hand side.
- 36. *Jean Carlson Masseau. Watercolors, portraiture, illustration, photography, drawings. 54 Windrow Lane, Hinesburg, VT 05461. (802) 482-2407. From South Burlington go south on Rte 116 to Hinesburg. Traveling south on Rte 116 to Hinesburg Village, go straight on Silver St instead of following Rte 116 around the sweeping curve to the left. On Silver St also known as Monkton Rd, go 1.2 miles to Windrow Lane, a private drive on the right. We are the first house, brown cedar with tan trim and green doors.
- 37. Shelburne Pond Studios and Sculpture Exhibit. Glass, book arts, sculpture, paintings, prints. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 999-4394. Pond Road is off of Rte 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. The studios are 1.2 miles on Pond Road from either direction. Large sculptures are set into the field next to the road. Turn into the driveway and proceed to the barn.
- 38. WITHDRAWN Lisa Kent - Landscape paintings, hand painted ceramics. 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05462. (802) 734-8705. Traveling south on Rte 7, pass the Shelburne Museum and turn left onto Marsett Rd. Go straight through the next three four-way stop intersections, onto Pond Road. Travel 1.5 miles on Pond Road, and turn right onto Frogs End. Go up Frogs End, skipping first driveway on left, continue up the hill and bear left, then bear left again to #255.
- 39. WITHDRAWN Halex Designs - Debba Pearce. Pastel landscapes, impressionistic and representational. 499 Beaver Creek Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 343-9169. Debba will be showing her work at Lisa Kent's studio at 255 Frogs End, Shelburne VT 05482. Please follow directions in that listing.
- 40. Roadhouse Studios - Sherry Senior. Five + studios and guest artists working in different disciplines. 232 Gardenside Lane, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 233-5303. From I-89 north or south take exit 13 and follow to Rte 7 South. Go about 4 miles toward the town of Shelburne. Just before going over the bridge into the town of Shelburne stay right and go over Rte 7 ( jug handle) onto Webster Rd. Our studios are 0.25 mile on the left. 207 Webster Rd, Shelburne Vt 05482
- 41. Mary Hill Studios - Mary Hill. Fabric art, painting, art for the tabletop. 52 Kelley Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 793-8277. For Open Studio, Mary will be at Roadhouse Studios, 232 Gardenside Lane, Shelburne VT 05482. Follow the directions in that listing.
- 42. *Vermont Clay Guild - Barbara Murphy. Clay forms and functional clay ware. 45 Mount Philo Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 985-1202. The house is located at the beginning of Mount Philo Rd in Shelburne Village. We are in the second house south of the intersection of Falls, Marsett and Mt Philo Rds.
- 43. Withdrawn.
- 44. *Jessica Scriver Studio - Jessica Scriver. Satellite, map and biomorphic explorations. 2206 Greenbush Rd, Charlotte VT 05445. (802) 318-3228. From Shelburne Rd in Shelburne, turn right at the Shelburne Museum onto Bostwick Rd. Bostwick Rd will turn into Greenbush Rd. My studio is on the right about a half mile past the railroad bridge.