Central Region West (Rutland and Addison Counties) Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2016 May 28 & 29
Regional Information Centers
P. Chaffee Art Center - 16 South Main St., Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-0356.
Q. Brandon Artists Guild. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956.
R. Art on Main , 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032.
Art on Main
- 154. *Bob Gasperetti, Furniture Makers - Bob Gasperetti. Handmade custom furniture, original and reproduction. 848 South End Rd, Mount Tabor VT 05253. (802) 293-5195. Traveling south on Rte 7, go 2.1 miles past the main intersection into Danby. Turn left onto South End Rd. Traveling north on Rte 7, go 2.3 miles past the entrance to Emerald Lake State Park and turn right onto South End Rd. On South End Rd we are 0.9 mile on the right.
- 155. Stephanie Stouffer Studio and Gallery - Stephanie Stouffer. Decorative prints, tapestries, rugs, cards. 250 Maple Hill Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2686. From Rutland going south on Rte 103 turn right at blinking light at Belmont Rd. Travel 2.5 miles to Belmont Store. Continue straight on Maple Hill Rd. Studio and Gallery are located in the 4th house on the right. Sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 156. MF Paintings - Madeleine Fay. Paintings, oil, watercolors, pastels, landscapes. PO Box 82, 153 Dodge Rd, Belmont VT 05730. (802) 259-2654. From the center of Belmont, at the general store and post office turn onto Healdville Rd and travel exactly 0.25 mile until Dodge Rd. Turn right onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house. From Rte 103 (exactly 5 miles north of the traffic light in Ludlow), turn left onto Healdville Rd and travel 3.6 miles. Turn left onto Dodge Rd. Ours is the first house.
- 157. Stone Creek Workshops - Kathy Stone. Sculptures, vases, functional, fern-pots, birdbaths. 196 Roger Hill Rd, Mount Holly VT 05758. (802) 249-7852. We are located just off Rte 103 about halfway between Ludlow and Rutland. Our dirt road, Roger Hill Rd, is opposite the junction of Rte 103 and Rte 140. Travel up Roger Hill Rd for 0.1 mile and find us on the right.
- 158. The Potter Stone - David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Rte 103, Cuttingsville VT 05738. (802) 492-2301. From Rte 7 turn onto Rte 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof. We are directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Rte 103. When entering Mount Holly, look for the junction with Rte 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd in East Wallingford. The studio is grey with green trim.
- 159. Nature's Turn, LLC - Gerry Martin. Woodturned bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2244. From Rte 7, drive 3 miles south of Rutland to the junction with Rte 103. Turn on Rte 103 and travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 and 998 Lincoln Hill Rd. Shop is 0.25 mile straight ahead.
- 160. *Maya Zelkin Pottery - Maya Zelkin. Functional, woodfired, stoneware and porcelain pottery. 116 Coldham Rd, Shrewsbury VT 05738. (802) 492-2045. From Rte 103 in Cuttingsville, turn onto Town Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to intersection with Lincoln Hill Rd and turn right. Go 3.9 miles to Cold River Road and turn left. Travel 0.2 mile to Upper Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel one mile to Coldham Rd, and turn right. The studio is at the second driveway on the right. From Rte 7 south of Rutland, turn onto North Shrewsbury Rd. Travel one mile to Cold River Rd and turn right. Travel 7 miles to Upper Cold River Rd and turn left. Go one mile to Coldham Rd and turn right. Studio is at the second driveway on the right.
- 161. *Rising Meadow Pottery - Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Utilitarian stoneware and porcelain pottery. 50 West St, Middletown Springs VT 05757. (802) 235-9429. In the town of Middletown Springs, from the intersection of Rtes 140 and 133, take Rte 140 (West St) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- 162. Brookside Woodworking - Walter and Michele Stanley. Fine custom furniture, woodworking, cabinetry. 797 Swamp Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 236-7633. From Rte 4, take exit one for the welcome center. The next right after the welcome center is Swamp Road. Go 0.75 mile to #787. The studio is the red building on the left.
- 163. *Karen Deets Stained Glass - Karen Deets. Stained glass, painted, fused, panels. 728 Moscow Rd, Fair Haven VT 05743. (802) 265-8668. From the Rutland area, take Rte 4W to exit 3 (Fair Haven). Turn right onto Scotch Hill Rd. Continue about 4.5 miles to Glen Lake and then make a left onto Moscow Rd. We are situated on the right 0.7 mile up the road.
- 164. *The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center - Gallery exhibit of members' artwork. 636 Marble St, PO Box 495, West Rutland VT 05777. (802) 438-2097. From Rte 7 in Rutland, take Rte 4 west (West St) about 4 miles to West Rutland. Pass a shopping center with a grocery store on your left. At the blinking light turn right onto Marble St and travel about 0.6 mile. The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center will be on the right.
- 165. The Castleton Downtown Gallery - Castleton University art galleries, changing exhibits. Center St Alley, Center St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 282-2396. From Rte 7 in the center of Rutland turn onto West St and follow to Wales St on the left. Turn onto Wales and follow to Center St on the left.
- 166. Shattuck Studio and Gallery - Carolyn Shattuck. Book arts, printmaking and collage. 193 Patricia Ln, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 775-6661. Coming from west or south, take Rte 4 towards Rutland to Rte 7N. Turn right at Woodstock Ave/Rte 4. Travel 0.8 mile and turn left onto Hillside Ave, cross stop sign at North St Ext. and continue to the end. Jog right, then left and take a right onto Patricia Ln. #193 will be the last house on your left.
- 167. Ann McFarren - Original Vermont scenes, oil, watercolors. 56 Terrill St, Rutland VT 05701. (802) 773-2197. In Rutland driving west on Rte 4, (Woodstock Ave) turn left onto Lafayette St by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left with gallery sign on the porch. From Rte 7, take a right onto Rte 4E and go to the next light. Turn right by Beauchamp and O'Rourke Pharmacy and go two blocks. Turn right onto Terrill St and find me at the first house on the left.
- 168. Kimble House, Inc - Warren Kimble. Contemporary American folk art, paintings and sculpture. 40 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4280. In the center of Brandon, around the corner from the Brandon Artist's Guild.
- 169. Robin Kent - Folk and fine paintings and sculpture. Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-6637. email@example.com. Robin will be showing at Warren Kimble's studio at 40 Park St, Brandon VT 05733. Follow directions in the listing in #168.
- 170. *Joan Curtis - Mixed-media artwork. 10 Union St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4337. Travel on Rte 7 to Brandon. Find me in the center, just south of the town green, toward the southwest in the second house on the left, on Union St, opposite the Hannaford parking lot.
- 171. Mary Fran Lloyd Art - Mary Fran Lloyd. Original 2D paintings. (802) 345-0310. Mary Fran is showing at Joan Curtis' place. Follow directions in #170.
- 172. Joan Drew - Original watercolor paintings. PO Box 167, Forest Dale VT 05745. (802) 236-8470. Joan will be at 10 Union St, Brandon VT for Open Studio Weekend. Follow directions in #170.
- 173. Patty Sgrecci - Mobiles and More - Mobiles and More - Patty Sgrecci. Kinetic sculpture, mobiles. 29 Union St, Brandon VT 05733. (360) 461-5612. Patty's studio is in the Granary. From Rte 7 traveling north, turn left onto Union St and travel to the building just over the railroad tracks on the right about 2 blocks.
- 174. Gabrielle McDermit - Oil paintings of landscape, still life, animals. Showing at The Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 345-3924. Follow directions in #173.
- 175. Canpaint Studio - Jean Cannon. Trees and birds in exquisite color. 79 Linden Terrace, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 399-4001. Jean will be in The Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733 for Open Studio Weekend. Follow directions in #173.
- 176. Brandon Artists Guild - Members of the Brandon Artists Guild will exhibit at the Granary, 29 Union, Brandon VT 05733 (802) 247-4956. Follow directions in #173.
- 177. Brandon Artists Guild - Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4956. Located in the center of Brandon.
- 178. Steven Zorn Fused Glass - Steven Zorn. Fused glass dishes, sculpture, giftware. 4 Conant Square, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4702. Located on Rte 7 in the center of Brandon, just north of the waterfall and across from the town offices and Mobil gas station. Studio is on the lower level of the Found Objects shop. Heading north, I am on the left-hand side of Rte 7.
- 179. Art on a Whim: Stained Glass Studio - Laura Rideout. Stained glass, original clouds, panels, suncatchers. 8 East Prospect St, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 683-7844. On Rte 7 traveling north, turn right by the town offices onto W. Seminary St. Go one block and turn right onto River St. Go for just over one block and turn left onto East Prospect St. Find me in the first house on the left, yellow with white trim.
- 180. Judith Reilly Gallery - Judith Reilly. Original pieced fabric art, artist designed hooked rugs, prints. 24 Conant Square (Rte 7), Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-8421. Traveling north on Rte 7 through downtown Brandon, my gallery and studio are 150 yards past the Mobil service station in the large white house on the left. If traveling south on Rte 7, we are on the right, 50 yards past the Post Office.
- 181. Caleb Kenna Photography - Caleb Kenna. Vermont photography, images, prints, notecards. 40 Old Farm Road, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 770-8700. From Rte 7 in Brandon, turn onto Prospect St, and take the second right onto Old Farm Rd. Follow signs.
- 182. Compass Music and Arts Center - Working artists studios, art gallery. 333 Jones Drive, Park Village, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-4295. From Rte 7, 1.5 miles north of downtown Brandon, turn onto Arnold District Road. Take the first left onto Mulcahy Drive (entering into Park Village) and continue straight for 0.5 mile. Turn right onto Jones Drive PVT. Continue down the hill. The road goes into our parking lot.
- 183. Fran Bull Studio - Fran Bull. Painting, printmaking, sculpture, books, works in progress. 685 Arnold District Rd, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 558-8609. My studio is located just off Rte 7 on Arnold District Road, north of the center of Brandon. Coming north, turn left, coming south, turn right, go about 0.5 mile, and there is a sign for Gallery-in-the-Field on the right. This is it. Proceed down the road until you come to the building.
- 184. Dancing Ear Design - Jill Listzwan. Unique, colorful, eclectic, fun, jewelry. 519 Lovers' Lane, Brandon VT 05733. (802) 247-6081. Lovers' Lane is about 1 mile north of Brandon. Traveling on Rte 7, after the Arnold District Rd on the left, Lovers' Lane is a few yards beyond on the right, opposite a large pond. Follow Lovers' Lane and find my house, the second on the right after leaving the woods. It is a ranch house with blue shutters.
- 185. Mud Puppy Pottery - Andy Snyder. Pottery demonstrations, exhibits and sales. 2386 Sunset Lake Rd, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 793-4728. Take Rte 22A, (south from Vergennes or north from Fair Haven) and travel to its intersection with Rte 144 in Benson also called the Benson Rd. Travel to Sunset Lake Rd, about 1.7 miles and turn left. Travel for about 2.5 miles. My studio is the first place on the right after Camp Sunrise.
- 186. Orwell Glass - John Chiles. Make-Your-Own, classes, vases, bowls, pitchers, ornaments, tumblers. 690 Rte 73, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 948-2209. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 4, Rte 30. Take Rte 30 north for 13 miles to Rte 73 west. Turn left, west, onto Rte 73 and travel for 3 miles to the studio. Look for a white house and farm buildings on the right. There is a large black mailbox just before the driveway (#690).
- 187. The Oxford Rug Hooking School - Amy Oxford. Hooked rug demonstrations and mini lessons. 4174 Rte 30, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2011. From Middlebury, follow Rte 30 south, past its junction with Rte 74 in Cornwall. I am located 1.4 miles south of this junction.
- 188. Timothy Fisher Gallery - Timothy Fisher. Whimsical painting, wood sculpture, fabric paintings, merry-go-round. 727 Fisher Rd, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2509. Cornwall Village is 4 miles south of Middlebury on Rte 30. In Cornwall Village, 10 feet south of the Congregational Church, turn off Rte 30 and go west on Park Lane. After 200 feet, continue straight onto Fisher Rd. Continue 0.7 mile until the end of the road.
- 189. True Water Gallery - Molly Hawley. Portraits, landscapes, abstracts, fabric art. PO Box 28, 1266 Rte 125, Ripton VT 05766. (802) 388-4447. Studio is on Rte 125, one building east of the Ripton store, in the Old Blacksmith Shop, on the south side of the street. Park in front or beside the building, or in the driveway at the blue house with yellow trim next door or in the Chipman Inn parking lot across the street.
- 190. Mike Mayone Fine Art - Mike Mayone. Paintings, prints, note cards, realism, landscapes. 8 Case St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-7401. From Middlebury, go south on Rte 7 about 3+ miles, then left onto Rte 125 east towards East Middlebury for 0.5 mile. At the 4 way stop, go left between the post office and convenience store onto Rte 116N (Case St), to the 4th house on the right, a single story with a white picket fence (8 Case St). Studio is upstairs in the blue barn in back. From the central VT/ Rte 100 area, take Rte 125 in Hancock and go west over the mountain (about 15.5 scenic miles) to the intersection with Rte 116. Go right and follow above directions.
- 191. *Danielle Gori-Montanelli - Fanciful felt jewelry and more. 21 Fields Rd, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 989-7443. In Middlebury, traveling south on Rte 7, turn onto Middle Road North by the Citizens Bank. Turn right onto Fields Rd. It's the yellow house right at the corner.
- 192. Norma Jean Rollet - Pastels, oils,paintings, handcut wooden puzzles. 185 Cottage Lane, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 989-5607. From Rte 7, south of Middlebury town center, turn right into S. Village Green, just before People's United Bank, and follow to the end of the parking area. Enter the traffic circle and take the second right onto Cottage Lane. My studio is in the fourth house on the right.
- 193. *Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store - Judi and Fred Danforth. Watch pewter being made. 52 Seymour St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-0098. On Rte 7, just north of Middlebury, turn at the light onto Elm St. Go straight through the four way stop, where Elm becomes Seymour St, and proceed under the railroad bridge. Bear right and Danforth is 100 yards ahead on the right.
- 194. Creative Space Gallery - Fine art, gifts, classes. 214 Main St, Ste 1, Vergennes VT 05491. (802) 877-3850. From Rte 7, turn onto 22A South and proceed one mile into downtown Vergennes. Pass two traffic lights, and the gallery will be located just past the city green on your right in the middle of the block in a grey, stand-alone, Victorian, building.
- 195. Art on Main. Artist cooperative, works in many media. 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032. We are in the red building, one block east of the traffic light on Bristol's Main St, across the street from the National Bank of Middlebury.
- 196. *York Hill Pottery - Elizabeth Saslaw. Functional, sophisticated, pottery, beautiful scenic studio. 166 York Hill Rd, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3400. From Rte 17/116 north of Bristol, turn east onto Lincoln Rd (West River Rd) and go about 2 miles, following the lovely New Haven River. Turn right over a green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second driveway on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway. From Warren and Rte 100, take the scenic Lincoln Gap road through the tiny village of Lincoln. Continue about 1.5 mile. Turn left over the green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second drive on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 197. Robert Compton Pottery - Robert Compton and Christine Homer. Handthrown functional and decorative pottery. 2662 N 116 Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-3778. We are located 5 miles north from the village of Bristol on Rte 116.
- 198. Ellen Spring Painted Silk - Ellen Spring. Vibrant, silk wearables, wall pieces. 2476 Ireland Rd, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-5538. From Bristol, travel north on Rte 116 for about 6 miles. Turn right onto Ireland Rd. Bear left at fork. Continue 2.5 miles. Studio is visible from road on the right. Blue mailbox, #2476.
- 199. Judith Bryant Pottery - Judith Bryant. Functional and decorative pottery. 3036 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2073. In the middle of the village of Starksboro on Rte 116, across from the Lewis Creek Farm and in the same parking lot as the post office.
- 200. Dale Helms - Fine Furniture - Dale Helms. Custom contemporary furniture. 2886 Mountain Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-5798. Traveling south, take Rte 116 through Hinesburg. Just south of the village, as Rte 116 curves sharply left, go straight onto Silver St. Follow Silver St for about 6 miles to Monkton Ridge. Turn left onto States Prison Hollow Rd that is just past the Monkton General Store. Go about 1.2 miles to a crossroads and turn right onto Mountain Rd and travel for 2.9 miles to 2886 Mountain Rd. The shop is on the right, visible from the road. From the south, from the junction of Rte 7 and 17 in New Haven, take Rte 17 east about 5 miles to a blinking light. Turn left at the light onto Burpee Rd and travel until it ends at a stop sign. Turn left and go for about 3 miles and turn right onto Mountain Rd. Travel 2.3 miles. The shop will be on your left.
- 201. Vermont Folk Rocker - Jim Geier. Handcrafted hardwood rocking chairs. 3820 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2483. From exit 12 on I-89, follow Rte 2A south for 5.1 miles to Rte 116 and take a left. Travel through the town of Hinesburg and after about 3 miles, look for Cedar Knoll Country Club on your right. We are 4.6 miles past the country club. Find us on the left. From the south on Rte 116, we are 1.2 miles north of Starksboro's Robinson Elementary School.