Caledonia and Orleans County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
O. Northeast Kingdom Artisans Guild - 430 Railroad St, St Johnsbury VT 05819. (802) 748-0158.
P. Miller's Thumb - 14 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-2045.
- 168. Joe's Pond Craft Shop - Deborah Stresing. Showing the work of area artists. 2748 Rte 2, W Danville VT 05873. (802) 684-2192. Travel on Rte 2 to the junction of Rte 2 and 15 in West Danville. The shop is located at that junction, in the barn attached to Hastings Store.
- 169. *Roosevelt Fine Art - Michael Roosevelt. Limited edition prints, antiques, paintings. 2078 Rte 15, Walden VT 05873. (802) 563-2215. A private gallery and studio located on Rte 15, in the lower level of the barn, between Howard Rd and Davidson Rd, 2 miles north of the intersection of Rte 2 and Rte 15.
- 170. Alexandra Bottinelli - Collage paintings, shadow boxes, assemblages with found wood. 83 Winter St, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 595-1759. Traveling north on Rte 14 towards Hardwick, after passing the town of Hardwick sign, turn left onto Winter St. My house is the fifth one on the left. Traveling south, on Rte 14, as you are leaving town, turn right onto Winter St (across from Mackville Rd) and find me in the fifth house on the left.
- 171. *Lucian Avery - Blacksmith - Lucian Avery. Axes, garden trowels, hinges, hooks, candlesticks. 736 Mackville Rd, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 472-3899. From the blinking light at the junction of Rtes 14 and 15 in Hardwick go south 0.5 mile on Rte 14, then left onto Mackville Rd. Studio is 0.7 miles up Mackville Rd on the right.
- 172. *Sanderson's Wooden Bowls - Sam and Weeza Sanderson. Bowl turning. 2902 Rte 114, East Burke VT 05832. (802) 626-9622. On I-91 take exit 23 and head north on Rte 5, through the village of Lyndonville. At the northern end of town, bear right onto Rte 114 and go north to the village of East Burke. Continue past the village on Rte 114 for about 2.5 miles. Look for a white farmhouse with red barn on the right with donkeys and a Sanderson's Wooden Bowls sign in front.
- 173. Jennifer Ranz - Greensboro Barn. Jennifer Ranz. Pottery, porcelain jewelry, sculpture, watercolors. 491 Country Club Road, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-9281. In Hardwick, from Rte 15 (Main St) bear left at laundromat, go over bridge and up a small hill. Turn right onto Church St. Follow this road, which turns into Center Rd, about 6 miles. When the speed limit reduces to 30, before Greensboro Village, take a sharp right onto Country Club Rd. Go 0.5 mile past the golf club. The Greensboro Barn is visible on the left.
- 174. *Louise Arnold. Plein air and studio paintings, landscapes. PO Box 301, 267 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-9224. Located next door to the Lakeview Inn on Breezy Ave in Greensboro.
- 175. Krinshaw Studios - Vanessa Compton. Analog collages and western fashion. 102 Cook Hill Rd, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-7068. Traveling north into Hardwick on Rte 14, go straight through the town's yellow light, bear left at the laundramat and turn right at the Hardwick police station onto Church St. Follow Church St which becomes Center Rd, for about 6 miles until you come to a four way intersection. Turn left onto Lake Rd and go for about 1 mile. Turn left onto Cook Hill Rd. Turn right at the first driveway and park at the end.
- 176. Hugo Mesa Studio - Hugo Mesa. Woodcarved doors, furniture, mirrors, mantels. 673 West Hill Rd, Craftsbury VT 05826. (802) 586-7537. Travel north on Rte 14 from Hardwick to Craftsbury, about 10 miles. After you pass the sign for Craftsbury on the right, you will see a farm on the left. Turn left at the farm onto West Hill Rd, pass two camps on either side of the road. Continue heading up the hill for about 0.5 miles. 673 will be the first black mailbox on the left.
- 177. David Brown Woodworking - David Brown. Turned wooden bowls, plates. PO Box 15, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-9625. Studio location: 91 Young Rd. In Craftsbury village, turn east at the church onto Creek Rd. Travel about 0.5 mile to a fork in the road and go left onto King Farm Rd. Travel another 0.5 mile to the first intersection and take a right onto Young Rd. We are the first driveway on the left.
- 178. Mill Village Pottery - Lynn Flory. Unique functional and collectible pottery and tiles. 6 Mill Village Rd, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-9971. Travel 1 mile north of Craftsbury Common toward the Outdoor Center. At the bend, go straight onto Wylie Hill Rd. Studio is on the immediate right. Coming south on Rte 14, turn left onto N Craftsbury Rd and go 1.3 miles. Turn left onto Mill Village Rd. Studio is the first building on the road.
- 180. The Anvil and Hammer - Judith Elford and Ken Winter. Studio gallery and smithy school. 202 Ferguson Hill Rd, Walden VT 05647. (802) 279-6531. Travel from Montpelier on Rte 2 to Marshfield village and turn left onto Rte 215. Travel through Cabot village and bear left at the Y. Drive for 4 miles and pass Cathy Rd on the left. Turn left onto Ferguson Hill Rd and head to the top of the driveway.