Bennington and Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2018 October 13th and 14th
Regional Information Centers
G. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
H. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
I. Project Space 9 Gallery. 9 Canal St, Bellows Falls VT 05101, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
- 32. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Pottery, furniture, glass, wearables, prints. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center, find us on Main St/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 33. Battenkill Pottery - Jessica Phillips. Ceramics, clay flutes, bowls, vases, jewelry. 3456 Rte 7A, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 379-5712. On Rte 7 take exit 3. At the intersection of Rte 313 and Rte 7A, take a right onto Rte 7A north toward Arlington. Drive 0.9 miles. We will be on the right before you get to the center of Arlington. Studio is in the back in the barn.
- 34. Ray Finan Furniture Studio - Ray Finan. Custom hand crafted wood furniture. 269 Old Depot Rd, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 681-5393. On Rte 7 take exit 3 and travel west on Rte 313 until it ends at Historic Rte 7A. Turn left and travel south on Rte 7A for about 1 mile. Turn left onto Old Depot Rd. My studio is 0.8 miles down Old Depot Rd on the right.
- 35. The Quilted Jardin - Martha Beauchamp. Art quilts showing pets and landscapes.117 Corey Dr, North Bennington VT 05257. (802) 445-5688. In Bennington from the intersection of Rtes 7 and 9, travel north on Rte 7 to its intersection with Rte 67A. Take a left onto 67A and follow towards North Bennington. When Rte 67A ends at the junction of 67, continue straight onto Rte 67E, through North Bennington. After the railroad tracks, take a right at the stop sign and travel about 0.25 mile to Corey Dr on the left. The distance from Bennington to Corey Dr will be about 6.5 miles. Traveling south on Rte 7 take exit 2, Shaftsbury. Turn right onto Rte 7A and travel to the blinking light in S. Shaftsbury. Turn left, over railroad tracks and left again onto Rte 67E (also called Eagle Street). Travel for about 2 miles. Corey Drive is the third street on the right. The total distance from the Shaftsbury exit is about 3.5 miles. Note: if you are getting your own directions, be sure to type in Corey Drive. There are two other streets in area named Corey.
- 36. *Readsboro Glassworks - Readsboro Glassworks. Handblown glass and glass sculpture. 6954 Main St, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-7706. Traveling south on Rte 100 from Whitingham, we are located in the center of Readsboro, one and a half blocks past the Readsboro Inn, on the left hand side of Main St, lower level. From Massachusetts, follow Rte 100 north into Readsboro. We are the fourth building after the Readsboro General Store on the right hand side of Main St, lower level.
- 37. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2 . Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 38. Vitriesse Glass Studio - Lucy Bergamini. Blown glass, functional, sculptural, colorful. 122 Birge St #21, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 379-0024. From Main ST in the middle of Brattleboro, turn west onto Canal St and travel to a right turn onto Birge ST. Find my studio on the left.
- 39. *Colorquilts - L. Carlene Raper. Hand-dyed quilts, pillows, wooden puzzles. 62 Spruce ST, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 246-1313. Take exit 2 from I-91 and go east on Western Ave. Turn left onto Spruce Street; #62 is a purple house on the left.
- 40. Zak Grace Glass - Zachary Grace. Hand formed and blown glass ware and art. 446 Williams St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 251-0402. From I-91, take exit 2, turn right off the ramp and head west on Rte 9. Take left at Vermont Country Deli onto Williams Street and look for Zak Grace Glass sign on the right.
- 41. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 42. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 43. *Naomi Lindenfeld Clayworks - Naomi Lindenfeld. Nature-inspired, colored clay pottery. 330 Meadowbrook Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-6475. From the east: On I-91, take exit 2 and go 1.5 miles west on Rte 9. Turn right onto Meadowbrook Road. Go 0.25 mile and bear right. Cross the Whetstone Brook and go another 0.25 mile to #330, a dark brown house with gold trim on the left. From the west: After passing the commercial district of West Brattleboro on Rte 9, take a left onto Meadowbrook Road. After 0.25 mile the road bends to the left, cross the Whetstone Brook and travel 0.25 mile to #330, a dark brown house with gold trim on the left.
- 44. Center for Digital Art - Michel Moyse. Projected art, video art on monitors, paintings. 81 Pleasant Valley Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7605. From Brattleboro, go 2 miles west on Rte 9/Western Ave, to Meadowbrook Rd on the right. Turn onto Meadowbrook Rd, cross a small bridge, and up hill, and continue straight until you reach Pleasant Valley Rd on the left. Travel less than 0.5 mile on Pleasant Valley Rd and look for a green mailbox on the right with "81" on it. Enter a circular driveway and find the studio set down an incline, on the right side of the driveway.
- 45. Greg Moschetti, Painter - Greg Moschetti. Landscape oil paintings from imagination. 623 Kelly Rd, Dummerston VT 05301. (802) 689-0676. From Brattleboro take Rte 9 west for 2.7 miles. Just past Chelsea Royal Diner turn right on Sunset Lake Rd. Go 2.7 miles to Kelly Rd on right. Go through a barnyard and up a hill for 1.3 miles to the studio (the road ends here). The studio is a small building on the right of the drive. Park in the parking area just past the house on the right.
- 46. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 47. *JMB Glass - Josh and Marta Bernbaum. Functional and decorative handmade glass. 119 Hescock Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (610) 812-3434. From I-91, take exit 2 and turn west on Rte 9. In a few miles, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd, just after you pass the Chelsea Royal Diner. Travel on Sunset Lake Rd, for 1.0 mile and continue straight for 1.5 miles after the pavement ends. You will pass Kelly Rd and look for the second entrance to Hescock Rd on your left. Follow signs to the studio. If you reach Fisch road, you've gone too far.
- 48. *Laughing Lizard Studio - Jen Wiechers. Playful paintings, encaustics, and sterling silver jewelry. 25 Highlawn Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-8054. Jen will be showing at Josh and Marta Bernbaum's studio. Follow directions in #47.
- 49. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 50. Rock River Studio - Christine Triebert. Unique pinhole photographs made from handmade tin-can cameras. 362 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7440. Look for our driveway that goes down along the river, at the Intersection of Dover Road and Parish Hill Road in South Newfane, VT.
- 51. R.U.S.T. - Darlene Eisenhuth. Smile inducing, repurposed assemblage from wood and metal. 911 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7141. From Rte 30 in Newfane, turn onto Grimes Hill Rd across from the Newbrook Elementary School. Grimes Hill Road becomes Dover Road in Williamsville. Follow through the Williamsville covered bridge and into South Newfane. Bear right at the stop sign, in front of the one room schoolhouse, staying on Dover Road. Studio is located in the barn of a red farmhouse, circa 1850, 2.25 miles on left, and about 5.5 miles from Rte 30.
- 52. *Caryn King Studio - Caryn King. Paintings of animals, mixed media, giclees. 16 Miller Lane, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 380-7006. In South Newfane, off Rte 30, turn left onto Williamsville Rd. Continue to its end, a concrete bridge, and turn left. At the post office (on the left), turn right onto Baker Brook Rd. Turn left onto Parish Hill and follow as it turns to the left and continues. Almost at the top of Parish Hill, turn left onto Miller Lane. Find our studio in the first house on the right with a big #16 on the garage.
- 53. *Roger Sandes - Figurative paintings with symbols of life, fertility and repose. 157 Grimes Hill Road, Williamsville VT 05362. (802) 348-7865. From I-91 take exit 2. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Western Avenue and travel 0.5 mile east to Cedar St, the 5th street on the left. Turn left on Cedar St and follow it to its end at Rte 30, about 0.7 mile. Turn left onto Rte 30 and travel for 8.2 miles. Turn left at Williamsville Rd (its name changes to Depot Road at the Dummerston-Newfane town line) and travel for 2 miles. At the T, just after the one-lane bridge over the Rock River, turn right onto Grimes Hill Rd and travel for 0.2 miles. Turn right at #157, the first drive on the right, opposite the tan house.
- 54. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked‚ Sullivan Ln PVT. Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 55. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto US Rte 5/Calvin Coolidge Mem. Hwy and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 56. *Tsuga Studios - Nicholas Kekic. Decorative and functional blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 875-1825. Located next door to Sherwin Art Glass. Follow directions in that listing.
- 57. Canal Street Art Gallery - Michael Noyes. New cooperative gallery showing local artwork. 23 Canal ST, Rockingham VT 05101. (802) 289-0104. Traveling north on I-91, take exit 5 and travel five minutes on Rte 5 to the village of Bellows Falls. Canal St is just below and north of the main square and the gallery is located in the Exner Block on the canal. Traveling south on I-91, take exit 6 and travel to the village of Bellows Falls. Follow directions above.
- 58. Dellamano Glassware - Cathy Tretler. Hand painted functional glassware. 7 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-3264. From I-91S take exit 6, or traveling north take exit 5, and follow signs into downtown Bellows Falls. My studio is located on the first floor of 17 Rockingham St near the downtown square.
- 59. Ailyn Hoey - Charcoal, oil and pastel landscapes. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-6333. Travel 5 miles north of Bellows Falls on Rte 103. Turn onto the south entrance of Meeting House Rd. We are the first house on the left, #4.
- 60. Mark Goodenough Metalworks - Mark Goodenough. Fabricated sheet metal wildlife sculpture. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (603) 313-0192. Follow directions in the listing above.
- 61. Sky Like Snow - Hannah Regier. Natural dyed knit hats. (650) 892-2174. Hannah will be showing her work with Ailyn Hoey and Mark Goodenough at 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. Follow directions in that listing #59.
- 96. Namaya Productions – Art Rat Studio - T Namaya. Peace and Vermont Art. 773 Guilford St, Brattleboro, VT 05301. (802) 380-3483. Located in Brattleboro, 1.5 miles up Creamery Bridge/ Covered Bridge from Rte 9. Look for Art Rat Studio sign with driveway on right. Follow signs for the studio.