Bennington and Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Regional Information Centers
G. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
H. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
I.Flat Iron Exchange - 51 the Square, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 460-0357.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
- 83. American Country Rugs - Lucille Festa. Hand hooked primitive rugs, folk art studio. 4743 Rte 315, Pawlet VT 05761. (802) 325-2543. Located at 4743 Rte 315, East Rupert, 05768. From the center of Manchester, at the junction of Rtes 11/30 and 7A, travel north on Rte 30, for 6 miles to the village of Dorset. Follow Rte 30 north for 2 more miles to its junction with Rte 315. Turn west onto Rte 315 and travel uphill 1 mile to the studio on the right in a white house with black shutters. Our sign is out front.
- 84. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Pottery, furniture, glass, wearables, prints. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center, find us on Main St/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 85. The Quilted Jardin - Martha Beauchamp. Art quilts showing pets and landscapes.117 Corey Dr, North Bennington VT 05257. (802) 445-5688. In Bennington from the intersection of Rtes 7 and 9, travel north on Rte 7 to its intersection with Rte 67A. Take a left onto 67A and follow towards North Bennington. When Rte 67A ends at the junction of 67, continue straight onto Rte 67E, through North Bennington. After the railroad tracks, take a right at the stop sign and travel about 0.25 mile to Corey Dr on the left. The distance from Bennington to Corey Dr will be about 6.5 miles. Traveling south on Rte 7 take exit 2, Shaftsbury. Turn right onto Rte 7A and travel to the blinking light in S. Shaftsbury. Turn left, over railroad tracks and left again onto Rte 67E (also called Eagle Street). Travel for about 2 miles. Corey Drive is the third street on the right.The totaldistance from the Shaftsbury exit is about 3.5 miles. Note: if you are geting your own directions, be sure to type in Corey Drive. There are two other streets in areanamed Corey.
- 86. Ink in The Blood Press - Rhonda Ratray. Fine prints, t-shirts, screen-print, letter-press, cards. PO Box 401, 183 Park St, North Bennington VT 05257. (617) 512-0012. Located on the grounds of Taraden Arts in North Bennington. From 7 Water St (67A) in North Bennington, head northeast on Water St toward West St. Make a sharp left turn onto West St. Turn left onto Park St and find us on the right.
- 87. Tony Conner. Original paintings, limited edition prints. PO Box 1405, 206 Crescent Blvd, Bennington VT 05201. (802) 375-5548. From the four corners in Bennington where routes 9 and 7 intersect, go south to Crescent Blvd on the left marked by a blinking yellow light. Turn left onto Crescent Blvd and go to the second house on the left. Studio is behind the house. Traveling north on Rte 7, as you approach Bennington, look for a blinking yellow light. Turn right at the blinker and go to the second house on the left with the studio behind the house.
- 88. *Readsboro Glassworks - Readsboro Glassworks. Handblown glass and glass sculpture. 6954 Main St, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-7706. Traveling south on Rte 100 from Whitingham, we are located in the center of Readsboro, one and a half blocks past the Readsboro Inn, on the left hand side of Main St, lower level.
- 89. Mary Procter, Bill Matuszeski. Colorful landscape paintings of Vermont scenes. 488 Faulkner Rd, Whitingham VT 05361. (802) 368-7750. Travel south on Rte 100 from Wilmington, pass through Jacksonville, in 3 miles turn right onto Maple Dr before reaching Whitingham Village or travel north from Readsboro on Rte 100, pass through Whitingham Village and take the first left on Maple Dr. From Maple Dr, take the first right on Faulkner Rd and cross Lake Clara on the causeway. Number 488 is the first house on the right after the lake.
- 90. *Jen Violette Designs - Jennifer Violette. Sculptural blown glass, Vermont landscape paintings. 12 New England Power Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5206. On I-91 take exit 2 and go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles to the center of Wilmington. Travel 2.8 miles beyond the traffic light in downtown Wilmington. Turn left at Woods Rd across the bridge to Medburyville and turn right onto New England Power Rd. Find my studio behind the first house on the left, in the restored barn.
- 91. *Eric Sprenger Fine Woodwork - Eric Sprenger. Handmade, original, contemporary furniture. 72 Castle Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464 8392. In the center of Wilmington, Rte 9 intersects with Rte 100. At the intersection, turn onto South Main St which jogs slightly left and becomes Castle Hill Rd. Travel about 0.3 mile to my studio on the left.
- 92. Vermont Pressed Flowers - Ellie Roden. Pressed flower creations; originals, prints, cards and bookmarks. 32 Ray Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5265. On I-91 take exit 2 in Brattleboro. Go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles. Go through the traffic light in the center of Wilmington and take an immediate right turn at Dot's Restaurant onto Ray Hill Rd. My house is the fifth house on the left, white with green shutters. The studio is around the back.
- 93. *Applewood's Woodworking Studio and Gallery - David and Michelle Holzapfel. Tables, benches, burls and spalted wood. PO Box 66, 2802 Rte 9, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-2908. holzapfelwoodworking.com. On I-91, take exit 2 and travel 8 miles west. We are right on Rte 9 at the turn off toward Marlboro College.
- 94. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 95. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 96. Greg Moschetti, Painter - Greg Moschetti. Landscape oil paintings from imagination. 623 Kelly Rd, Dummerston VT 05301. (802) 689-0676. From Brattleboro take Rte 9 west for 2.7 miles. Just past Chelsea Royal Diner turn right on Sunset Lake Rd. Go 2.7 miles to Kelly Rd on right. Go through a barnyard and up a hill for 1.3 miles to the studio (the road ends here). The studio is a small building on the right of the drive. Park in the parking area just past the house on the right.
- 97. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 98. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 99. Vermont Mosaics - Susan Rosano. Mosaic artworks, jewelry; handmade musical instruments. 82 Country Drive, Guilford VT 05301.(802) 254-6201. From Rte 9, Western Avenue, in West Brattleboro, turn onto Greenleaf Street at the intersection next to the 7-Eleven store. Stay on Greenleaf for about 0.75 mile when Greenleaf becomes Hinesberg Rd. (Continue for a total of about 3.75 miles on Hinesberg Rd.). When you see the sign for The Robb Family Farm turn left to stay on Hinesberg Road until you see Briggs Rd on the left. Briggs is a narrow dirt road. Turn at the first left onto Country Drive and find us in the first house on the right.
- 100. Jason E. Breen, Fine and Custom Woodwork - Jason Breen. Furniture, turnings, woodenware, accessories, cabinetry. 1197 Bonnyvale Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-9993. From Rte 9W, turn south onto Bonnyvale Rd. Go 2.3 miles up and over a very steep hill. Driveway is on the right, up hill. Shop is on the right at the top of the driveway.
- 101. Vitriesse Glass Studio - Lucy Bergamini. Blown glass, functional, sculptural, colorful. 122 Birge St #21, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 379-0024. From Main ST in the middle of Brattleboro, turn west onto Canal St and travel to a right turn onto Birge ST. Find my studio on the left.
- 102. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 103. *Colorquilts - L. Carlene Raper. Hand-dyed quilts, pillows, wooden puzzles. 62 Spruce ST, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 246-1313. Take exit 2 from I-91 and go east on Western Ave. Turn left onto Spruce Street; #62 is a purple house on the left.
- 104. R.U.S.T. - Darlene Eisenhuth. Smile inducing, repurposed assemblage from wood and metal. 911 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7141. From Rte 30 in Newfane, turn onto Grimes Hill Rd across from the Newbrook Elementary School. Grimes Hill Road becomes Dover Road in Williamsville. Follow through the Williamsville covered bridge and into South Newfane. Bear right at the stop sign, in front of the one room schoolhouse, staying on Dover Road. Studio is located in the barn of a red farmhouse, circa 1850, 2.25 miles on left, and about 5.5 miles from Rte 30.
- 105. *Caryn King Studio - Caryn King. Paintings of animals, mixed media, giclees. 16 Miller Lane, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 380-7006. In South Newfane, off Rte 30, turn left onto Williamsville Rd. Continue to its end, a concrete bridge, and turn left. At the post office (on the left), turn right onto Baker Brook Rd. Turn left onto Parish Hill and follow as it turns to the left and continues. Almost at the top of Parish Hill, turn left onto Miller Lane. Find our studio in the first house on the right with a big #16 on the garage.
- 106. Partridge Road Pottery - Ahren Ahrenholz. Woodfired functional stoneware pottery. 228 Partridge Rd, Dummerston VT 05346. (802) 257-4060. From I-91 traveling south, take exit 4 and go south on Putney Rd (Rte 5) toward Brattleboro. Turn right on School House Rd and travel 2 miles to Partridge Rd, a private road. My studio is the 4th driveway on the right. From 1-91 traveling north, take exit 3 and travel north on Putney Rd (Rte 5) toward Putney. Turn left onto East West Rd and travel 2 miles to Partridge Rd, a private road, and the fourth driveway on the right.
- 107. *Alchemy Arte - Fiona Morehouse. Unique handbuilt and wheelthrown pottery. 659 West Hill Rd, Putney VT 05346. (802) 387-2252. From Westminster Rd in Putney, turn onto West Hill Rd and travel for 3.5 miles. Alchemy Arts studio will be located on your left just past the point where the road transitions from pavement to dirt.
- 108. Robert Du Grenier Glass Art Gallery - Robert Du Grenier. Handblown glass, sculpture, drinkware, decor. 1096 Rte 30, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4400. On Rte 30 1.0 mile south of Townshend Village or 3.5 miles north of Newfane Village.
- 109. *Kim Eng Yeo. Floral, still life and landscape watercolors. PO Box 217, 628 Peaked Mountain Rd, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4521. From Rte 30, in Townshend, turn onto Rte 35 (Grafton Rd) and head north for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Peaked Mountain Rd (TH 29), opposite Grace Cottage Hospital. Drive up Peaked Mountain Rd for 0.6 mile and turn right into driveway at #628.
- 110. McBride & Rosser Studios - Robert McBride and Phyllis Rosser. Dynamic abstract paintings and sculptures. 17 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-1992. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. 17 Rockingham Street is an old firehouse building, just off the square. The studio is located on the second floor.
- 111. Flat Iron Exchange - Group show, paintings, drawings, mixed media. 51 the Square, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 460-0357. Flat Iron Exchange is a coffee shop located in downtown Bellows Falls at the corner of Bridge and Westminster streets.
- 112. Project Space 9 Gallery. George Norris-Brown & Jeane Cannon paintings. 9 Canal St., Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. Find the Exner Art Block off the downtown square on the way to the train station.
- 113. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto US Rte 5/Calvin Coolidge Mem Hwy and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 114. *Tsuga Studios - Nicholas Kekic. Decorative and functional blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 875-1825. Located next door to Sherwin Art Glass. Follow directions in that listing.
- 115. Flying Canvas Studio - Jeanette Staley. Prints, paintings, floorcloths, murals, collage. 201 Church Ave, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-9530. From the center of Bellows Falls, take Rte 121N toward Saxtons River, and travel for 1.1 miles. Turn at the sharp left onto Church Ave. My studio is on the right.
- 116. Canal Street Art Gallery - Emmett Dunbar. New cooperative gallery showing local artwork. 23 Canal ST, Rockingham VT 05101. (802) 289-0104. Traveling north on I-91, take exit 5 and travel five minutes on Rte 5 to the village of Bellows Falls. Canal St is just below and north of the main square and the gallery is located in the Exner Block on the canal. Traveling south on I-91, take exit 6 and travel to the village of Bellows Falls. Follow directions above.
- 117. Dellamano Glassware - Cathy Tretler. Hand painted functional glassware. 7 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-3264. From I-91S take exit 6, or traveling north take exit 5, and follow signs into downtown Bellows Falls. My studio is located on the first floor of 17 Rockingham St near the downtown square.
- 118. Clare Sullivan Adams. Oil paintings, monoprints, block prints, landscapes. 664 Cambridgeport Rd, Grafton VT 05141. (802) 380-5089. Located off Rte 121 in the village of Cambridgeport.
- 119. Mark Goodenough Metalworks - Mark Goodenough. Fabricated sheet metal wildlife sculpture. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (603) 313-0192. . Travel 5 miles north of Bellows Falls on Rte 103. Turn onto the south entrance of Meeting House Rd. We are the first house on the left, #4.
- 120. Ailyn Hoey - Charcoal, oil and pastel landscapes. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-6333. Follow directions in the listing above.