Bennington and Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2019 October 5th and 6th
Regional Information Centers
G. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
H. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
I. RAMP. 9 Canal St, Bellows Falls VT 05101, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
- 30. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Pottery, furniture, glass, wearables, prints. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center, find us on Main St/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 31. ClayShare - Jessica Phillips. Ceramics, bowls, vases, jewelry. 3456 Rte 7A, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 379-5712. On Rte 7 take exit 3. At the intersection of Rte 313 and Rte 7A, take a right onto Rte 7A north toward Arlington. Drive 0.9 miles. We will be on the right before you get to the center of Arlington. Studio is in the back in the barn.
- 32. The Quilted Jardin - Martha Beauchamp. Art quilts showing pets and landscapes.117 Corey Dr, North Bennington VT 05257. (802) 445-5688. In Bennington from the intersection of Rtes 7 and 9, travel north on Rte 7 to its intersection with Rte 67A. Take a left onto 67A and follow towards North Bennington. When Rte 67A ends at the junction of 67, continue straight onto Rte 67E, through North Bennington. After the railroad tracks, take a right at the stop sign and travel about 0.25 mile to Corey Dr on the left. The distance from Bennington to Corey Dr will be about 6.5 miles. Traveling south on Rte 7 take exit 2, Shaftsbury. Turn right onto Rte 7A and travel to the blinking light in S. Shaftsbury. Turn left, over railroad tracks and left again onto Rte 67E (also called Eagle Street). Travel for about 2 miles. Corey Drive is the third street on the right. The total distance from the Shaftsbury exit is about 3.5 miles. Note: if you are getting your own directions, be sure to type in Corey Drive. There are two other streets in area named Corey.
- 33. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 34. Jason E. Breen, Fine and Custom Woodwork, Fine and Custom Woodwork - Jason Breen. Furniture, turnings, woodenware, accessories, cabinetry. 1197 Bonnyvale Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-9993. From Rte 9W, turn south onto Bonnyvale Rd. Go 2.3 miles up and over a very steep hill. Driveway is on the right, up hill. Shop is on the right at the top of the driveway.
- 35. *Namaya Productions- T Namaya. Peace and Vermont Art. 773 Guilford St, Brattleboro, VT 05301. (802) 380-3483. Located in Brattleboro,1.5miles up Creamery Bridge/ Covered Bridge from Rte 9. Look for Art Rat Studio sign with driveway on right. Follow signs for the studio.
- 36. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 37. Vitriesse Glass Studio - Lucy Bergamini. Blown glass, functional, sculptural, colorful. 122 Birge St #21, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 379-0024. From Main ST in the middle of Brattleboro, turn west onto Canal St and travel to a right turn onto Birge ST. Find my studio on the left.
- 38. Zak Grace Glass - Zachary Grace. Hand formed and blown glass ware and art. 446 Williams St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 251-0402. From I-91, take exit 2, turn right off the ramp and head west on Rte 9. Take left at Vermont Country Deli onto Williams Street and look for Zak Grace Glass sign on the right.
- 39. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 40. Beth Armour. Porcelain wheel thrown clay vessels. 17 Greenhill Parkway, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 376-9069. From I-91, take exit 2. Turn left onto Western Ave towards the center of Brattleboro. Take your second left onto Greenhill Parkway. My house is the second one on the right. White stucco. Come up the driveway and enter through the side door off the deck.
- 41. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 42. *Naomi Lindenfeld Clayworks - Naomi Lindenfeld. Nature-inspired, colored clay pottery. 330 Meadowbrook Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-6475. From the east: On I-91, take exit 2 and go 1.5 miles west on Rte 9. Turn right onto Meadowbrook Road. Go 0.25 mile and bear right. Cross the Whetstone Brook and go another 0.25 mile to #330, a dark brown house with gold trim on the left. From the west: After passing the commercial district of West Brattleboro on Rte 9, take a left onto Meadowbrook Road. After 0.25 mile the road bends to the left, cross the Whetstone Brook and travel 0.25 mile to #330, a dark brown house with gold trim on the left.
- 43. Center for Digital Art - Michel Moyse. Projected art, video art on monitors, paintings. 81 Pleasant Valley Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7605. From Brattleboro, go 2 miles west on Rte 9/Western Ave, to Meadowbrook Rd on the right. Turn onto Meadowbrook Rd, cross a small bridge, and up hill, and continue straight until you reach Pleasant Valley Rd on the left. Travel less than 0.5 mile on Pleasant Valley Rd and look for a green mailbox on the right with "81" on it. Enter a circular driveway and find the studio set down an incline, on the right side of the driveway.
- 44. Greg Moschetti, Painter - Greg Moschetti. Tonalist landscapes of bucolic, Vermont settings. 623 Kelly Rd, Dummerston VT 05301. (802) 689-0676. From Brattleboro take Rte 9 west for 2.7 miles. Just past Chelsea Royal Diner turn right on Sunset Lake Rd. Go 2.7 miles to Kelly Rd on right. Go through a barnyard and up a hill for 1.3 miles to the studio (the road ends here). The studio is a small building on the right of the drive. Park in the parking area just past the house on the right.
- 45. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked Sullivan Ln PVT. Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 85. Vermont Rocks - John Davis. Original pieces of sports sculpture. 442 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 380-9773. From Rte 30, turn onto West St, and travel past the Four Columns Inn. Continue for 2 miles, and we are the first house after the road turns to dirt. It is a yellow house with a red barn.
- 46. Canal Street Art Gallery - Emmett Dunbar. New cooperative gallery showing local artwork. 23 Canal ST, Rockingham VT 05101. (802) 289-0104. Traveling north on I-91, take exit 5 and travel five minutes on Rte 5 to the village of Bellows Falls. Canal St is just below and north of the main square and the gallery is located in the Exner Block on the canal. Traveling south on I-91, take exit 6 and travel to the village of Bellows Falls. Follow directions above.
- 47. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto Rte 5 and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at the light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross the canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 48. *Tsuga Studios - Nicholas Kekic. Decorative and functional blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 875-1825. Located next door to Sherwin Art Glass. Follow directions in that listing.
- 49. WaterMusicArt Studios - Scott J. Morgan. Abstract painting on canvas and guitars. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 289-4347. Scott's studio is located in the same place as Sherwin Art Glass and Tsuga Studios.
- 50. Broomcorn Johnny's - Brian Newton. Handcrafted brooms and objets d'art. 5622 Windham Hill Rd, Windham VT 05359. (802) 874-4779. From Brattleboro take Rte 30 north to Windham Hill Rd on the right and travel for 5.6 miles. Find us on the right. From Londonderry take Rte 11 east to Rte 121 and turn right onto Windham Hill Rd and travel for 2.6 miles. Find us on the left. From Chester, take Rte 11 west to Rte 121 and turn left, then right onto Windham Hill Rd, and travel for 2.6 miles. Find us on the left.