Addison County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below. Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
P. Art on Main , 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032.
Art on Main
- 161. Stratford House Pottery - Stacey Stanhope Dundon. Pottery, paintings, sheep, horses, cats. 296 Rte 22A, Orwell VT 05760. (770) 853-1099. From downtown Orwell, head west on Rte 73 to Rte 22A. Turn left or south on Rte 22A. We are 0.25 mile south of Rte 73 on Rte 22A, on the right. Look for the large sign on the road. House is visible from the road.
- 162. Mud Puppy Pottery - Andy Snyder. Pottery demonstrations, exhibits and sales. 2386 Sunset Lake Rd, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 793-4728. Take Rte 22A, (south from Vergennes or north from Fair Haven) and travel to its intersection with Rte 144 in Benson also called the Benson Rd. Travel to Sunset Lake Rd, about 1.7 miles and turn left. Travel for about 2.5 miles. My studio is the first place on the right after Camp Sunrise.
- 163. Orwell Glass - John Chiles. Make-Your-Own, classes, vases, bowls, pitchers, ornaments, tumblers. 690 Rte 73, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 948-2209. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 4, Rte 30. Take Rte 30 north for 13 miles to Rte 73 west. Turn left, west, onto Rte 73 and travel for 3 miles to the studio. Look for a white house and farm buildings on the right. There is a large black mailbox just before the driveway (#690).
- 164. Lemon Fair Sculpture Park. Enjoy a walking path with 20 sculptures. 4547 Rte 74, Shoreham VT 05770. (802) 383-8161. Take Rte 7 to Middlebury and turn down the hill onto Main St. Go through the traffic circle onto South Main St (2nd right). South Main becomes Rte 30. Travel for 4.2 miles. Turn right onto Rte 74 W and travel for about 3 miles to the sculpture park on the left side of the road.
- 165. The Oxford Rug Hooking School - Amy Oxford. Hooked rug demonstrations and mini lessons. 4174 Rte 30, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2011. From Middlebury, follow Rte 30 south, past its junction with Rte 74 in Cornwall. I am located 1.4 miles south of this junction.
- 166. True Water Gallery - Molly Hawley. Portraits, landscapes, abstracts, fabric art. PO Box 28, 1266 Rte 125, Ripton VT 05766. (802) 388-4940. Studio is on Rte 125, one building east of the Ripton store, in the Old Blacksmith Shop, on the south side of the street. Park in front or beside the building, or in the driveway at the blue house with yellow trim next door or in the Chipman Inn parking lot across the street.
- 167. Mike Mayone Fine Art - Mike Mayone. Paintings, prints, note cards, realism, landscapes. 8 Case St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-7401. From Middlebury, go south on Rte 7 about 3+ miles, then left onto Rte 125 east towards East Middlebury for 0.5 mile. At the 4 way stop, go left between the post office and convenience store onto Rte 116N (Case St), to the 4th house on the right, a single story with a white picket fence (8 Case St). Studio is upstairs in the blue barn in back. From the central VT/ Rte 100 area, take Rte 125 in Hancock and go west over the mountain (about 15.5 scenic miles) to the intersection with Rte 116. Go right and follow above directions.
- 168. Middlebury Studio School. Mugs, bowls, plates, sculpture, paintings. 2377 Rte 7, Middlebury Vt 05753. (802) 247-3702. We are on Rte 7 south of Middlebury and just 6 doors south of Foster Motors.
- 169. Norma Jean Rollet. Pastels, oils, paintings, handcut wooden puzzles. 185 Cottage Lane, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 989-5607. From Rte 7, south of Middlebury town center, turn right into S. Village Green, just before People's United Bank, and follow to the end of the parking area. Enter the traffic circle and take the second right onto Cottage Lane. My studio is in the fourth house on the right.
- 170. *Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store - Judi and Fred Danforth. Watch pewter being made. 52 Seymour St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-0098. On Rte 7, just north of Middlebury, turn at the light onto Elm St. Go straight through the four way stop, where Elm becomes Seymour St, and proceed under the railroad bridge. Bear right and Danforth is 100 yards ahead on the right.
- 171. *Trillium Art & Beyond- Yinglei Zhang. Chinese painting and calligraphy, ceramic, stone and woodwork. 56 High St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-8229. High St is the street behind Swift House Inn. From Rte 7S, pass Methodist Church on your right, turn right at traffic light onto Stewart Lane. From Rte 7 N, turn left at traffic light onto Stewart Lane, turn left onto High St and travel to the end. Look for yellow Open Studio signs.
- 172. *Ross Sheehan Studio - Ross Sheehan. Painting, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, collage. 37 Green St, Vergennes VT 05491. (775) 303-8863. Located on Green St in the new SOMA district in downtown Vergennes, 1.5 blocks south of Main St. It is the bright orange and yellow bungalow next to Bar Antidote/Hired Hand Brewing.
- 173. *Two Worlds Forge - Michael Imrie. Decorative and functional, artistic and architectural metalwork. 737 Quaker St, Ferrisburgh VT 05473. (802) 734-4657. Traveling south on Rte 7 in North Ferrisburgh, go just past Dakin Farm, turn right onto Quaker St. Follow Quaker street as it turns left and then goes down a slight hill. The (white) house is on the left in an open field set way back from the road. The studio is in a red barn behind the house.
- 174. *Anne Cady Paintings - Anne Cady. Colorful Vermont landscape oil paintings. 653 Quarry Rd, New Haven VT 05472. (802) 989-2294. At the Citgo Station at the junction of Rtes 7 and 17, take Rte 17 east for 1.1 miles. Go left onto North St for 1.1 mile. Turn left onto Quarry Rd and go for 0.7 miles to #653, marked by a blue mailbox.
- 175. Art on Main. Artist cooperative, works in many media. 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032. We are in the red building, one block east of the traffic light on Bristol's Main St, across the street from the National Bank of Middlebury.
- 176. *York Hill Pottery - Elizabeth Saslaw. Functional, sophisticated, pottery, beautiful scenic studio. 166 York Hill Rd, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3400. From Rte 17/116 north of Bristol, turn east onto Lincoln Rd (West River Rd) and go about 2 miles, following the lovely New Haven River. Turn right over a green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second driveway on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway. From Warren and Rte 100, take the scenic Lincoln Gap road through the tiny village of Lincoln. Continue about 1.5 mile. Turn left over the green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second drive on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 177. Robert Compton Pottery - Robert Compton and Christine Homer. Handthrown functional and decorative pottery. 2662 N 116 Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-3778. We are located 5 miles north from the village of Bristol on Rte 116.
- 178. Ellen Spring Painted Silk - Ellen Spring. Vibrant, silk wearables, wall pieces. 2476 Ireland Rd, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-5538. From Bristol, travel north on Rte 116 for about 6 miles. Turn right onto Ireland Rd. Bear left at fork. Continue 2.5 miles. Studio is visible from road on the right. Blue mailbox, #2476.
- 179. Judith Bryant Pottery - Judith Bryant. Functional and decorative pottery. 3036 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2073. In the middle of the village of Starksboro on Rte 116, across from the Lewis Creek Farm and in the same parking lot as the post office.
- 180. Dale Helms - Fine Furniture - Dale Helms. Custom contemporary furniture. 2886 Mountain Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-5798. Traveling south, take Rte 116 through Hinesburg. Just south of the village, as Rte 116 curves sharply left, go straight onto Silver St. Follow Silver St for about 6 miles to Monkton Ridge. Turn left onto States Prison Hollow Rd that is just past the Monkton General Store. Go about 1.2 miles to a crossroads and turn right onto Mountain Rd and travel for 2.9 miles to 2886 Mountain Rd. The shop is on the right, visible from the road. From the south, from the junction of Rte 7 and 17 in New Haven, take Rte 17 east about 5 miles to a blinking light. Turn left at the light onto Burpee Rd and travel until it ends at a stop sign. Turn left and go for about 3 miles and turn right onto Mountain Rd. Travel 2.3 miles. The shop will be on your left.
- 181. Vermont Folk Rocker - Jim Geier. Handcrafted hardwood rocking chairs. 3820 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2483. From exit 12 on I-89, follow Rte 2A south for 5.1 miles to Rte 116 and take a left. Travel through the town of Hinesburg and after about 3 miles, look for Cedar Knoll Country Club on your right. We are 4.6 miles past the country club. Find us on the left. From the south on Rte 116, we are 1.2 miles north of Starksboro's Robinson Elementary School.