Addison County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2016 May 28 & 29
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
R. Art on Main , 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032.
Art on Main
- 185. Mud Puppy Pottery - Andy Snyder. Pottery demonstrations, exhibits and sales. 2386 Sunset Lake Rd, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 793-4728. Take Rte 22A, (south from Vergennes or north from Fair Haven) and travel to its intersection with Rte 144 in Benson also called the Benson Rd. Travel to Sunset Lake Rd, about 1.7 miles and turn left. Travel for about 2.5 miles. My studio is the first place on the right after Camp Sunrise.
- 186. Orwell Glass - John Chiles. Make-Your-Own, classes, vases, bowls, pitchers, ornaments, tumblers. 690 Rte 73, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 948-2209. From Rutland, take Rte 4 west to exit 4, Rte 30. Take Rte 30 north for 13 miles to Rte 73 west. Turn left, west, onto Rte 73 and travel for 3 miles to the studio. Look for a white house and farm buildings on the right. There is a large black mailbox just before the driveway (#690).
- 187. The Oxford Rug Hooking School - Amy Oxford. Hooked rug demonstrations and mini lessons. 4174 Rte 30, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2011. From Middlebury, follow Rte 30 south, past its junction with Rte 74 in Cornwall. I am located 1.4 miles south of this junction.
- 188. Timothy Fisher Gallery - Timothy Fisher. Whimsical painting, wood sculpture, fabric paintings, merry-go-round. 727 Fisher Rd, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2509. Cornwall Village is 4 miles south of Middlebury on Rte 30. In Cornwall Village, 10 feet south of the Congregational Church, turn off Rte 30 and go west on Park Lane. After 200 feet, continue straight onto Fisher Rd. Continue 0.7 mile until the end of the road.
- 189. True Water Gallery - Molly Hawley. Portraits, landscapes, abstracts, fabric art. PO Box 28, 1266 Rte 125, Ripton VT 05766. (802) 388-4447. Studio is on Rte 125, one building east of the Ripton store, in the Old Blacksmith Shop, on the south side of the street. Park in front or beside the building, or in the driveway at the blue house with yellow trim next door or in the Chipman Inn parking lot across the street.
- 190. Mike Mayone Fine Art - Mike Mayone. Paintings, prints, note cards, realism, landscapes. 8 Case St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-7401. From Middlebury, go south on Rte 7 about 3+ miles, then left onto Rte 125 east towards East Middlebury for 0.5 mile. At the 4 way stop, go left between the post office and convenience store onto Rte 116N (Case St), to the 4th house on the right, a single story with a white picket fence (8 Case St). Studio is upstairs in the blue barn in back. From the central VT/ Rte 100 area, take Rte 125 in Hancock and go west over the mountain (about 15.5 scenic miles) to the intersection with Rte 116. Go right and follow above directions.
- 191. *Danielle Gori-Montanelli - Fanciful felt jewelry and more. 21 Fields Rd, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 989-7443. In Middlebury, traveling south on Rte 7, turn onto Middle Road North by the Citizens Bank. Turn right onto Fields Rd. It's the yellow house right at the corner.
- 192. Norma Jean Rollet - Pastels, oils,paintings, handcut wooden puzzles. 185 Cottage Lane, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 989-5607. From Rte 7, south of Middlebury town center, turn right into S. Village Green, just before People's United Bank, and follow to the end of the parking area. Enter the traffic circle and take the second right onto Cottage Lane. My studio is in the fourth house on the right.
- 193. *Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store - Judi and Fred Danforth. Watch pewter being made. 52 Seymour St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-0098. On Rte 7, just north of Middlebury, turn at the light onto Elm St. Go straight through the four way stop, where Elm becomes Seymour St, and proceed under the railroad bridge. Bear right and Danforth is 100 yards ahead on the right.
- 194. Creative Space Gallery - Fine art, gifts, classes. 214 Main St, Ste 1, Vergennes VT 05491. (802) 877-3850. From Rte 7, turn onto 22A South and proceed one mile into downtown Vergennes. Pass two traffic lights, and the gallery will be located just past the city green on your right in the middle of the block in a grey, stand-alone, Victorian, building.
- 195. Art on Main. Artist cooperative, works in many media. 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032. We are in the red building, one block east of the traffic light on Bristol's Main St, across the street from the National Bank of Middlebury.
- 196. *York Hill Pottery - Elizabeth Saslaw. Functional, sophisticated, pottery, beautiful scenic studio. 166 York Hill Rd, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3400. From Rte 17/116 north of Bristol, turn east onto Lincoln Rd (West River Rd) and go about 2 miles, following the lovely New Haven River. Turn right over a green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second driveway on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway. From Warren and Rte 100, take the scenic Lincoln Gap road through the tiny village of Lincoln. Continue about 1.5 mile. Turn left over the green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second drive on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 197. Robert Compton Pottery - Robert Compton and Christine Homer. Handthrown functional and decorative pottery. 2662 N 116 Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-3778. We are located 5 miles north from the village of Bristol on Rte 116.
- 198. Ellen Spring Painted Silk - Ellen Spring. Vibrant, silk wearables, wall pieces. 2476 Ireland Rd, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-5538. From Bristol, travel north on Rte 116 for about 6 miles. Turn right onto Ireland Rd. Bear left at fork. Continue 2.5 miles. Studio is visible from road on the right. Blue mailbox, #2476.
- 199. Judith Bryant Pottery - Judith Bryant. Functional and decorative pottery. 3036 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2073. In the middle of the village of Starksboro on Rte 116, across from the Lewis Creek Farm and in the same parking lot as the post office.
- 200. Dale Helms - Fine Furniture - Dale Helms. Custom contemporary furniture. 2886 Mountain Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-5798. Traveling south, take Rte 116 through Hinesburg. Just south of the village, as Rte 116 curves sharply left, go straight onto Silver St. Follow Silver St for about 6 miles to Monkton Ridge. Turn left onto States Prison Hollow Rd that is just past the Monkton General Store. Go about 1.2 miles to a crossroads and turn right onto Mountain Rd and travel for 2.9 miles to 2886 Mountain Rd. The shop is on the right, visible from the road. From the south, from the junction of Rte 7 and 17 in New Haven, take Rte 17 east about 5 miles to a blinking light. Turn left at the light onto Burpee Rd and travel until it ends at a stop sign. Turn left and go for about 3 miles and turn right onto Mountain Rd. Travel 2.3 miles. The shop will be on your left.
- 201. Vermont Folk Rocker - Jim Geier. Handcrafted hardwood rocking chairs. 3820 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2483. From exit 12 on I-89, follow Rte 2A south for 5.1 miles to Rte 116 and take a left. Travel through the town of Hinesburg and after about 3 miles, look for Cedar Knoll Country Club on your right. We are 4.6 miles past the country club. Find us on the left. From the south on Rte 116, we are 1.2 miles north of Starksboro's Robinson Elementary School.